Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138337
View in linear mode

Subject: "p0106 :(" Previous topic | Next topic
TurbchargdSpydrApr-17-14 08:40 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138337, "p0106 :("

Hello everyone, so I finally finished boosting my car and just finished clamping the fcd at 4.75. I get this p0106 and i dont really understand what this code means. Any information on how to go about diagnosing would be much appreciated!

Last of a dying breed...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DstachApr-17-14 09:36 AM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138338, "RE: p0106 :("
In response to Reply # 0

Try turning the clamp down some more.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TurbchargdSpydrApr-18-14 07:48 AM
159 posts,
#138339, "RE: p0106 :("
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Dstach
Try turning the clamp down some more.

Turning it down to what? At what voltage exactly does fuel cut occur? Currently it's at 4.74. Excess information: this only happens after boosting a lot, because i reset the ecu drove with low boost to wawa. After killing it and opening it again no cel. Then i drove it on the highway for a while crazy boosting and killed it afterwards, then the cel came on..

Also i tested the voltages of the fcd with engine off car on sensor unplugged and i got Ground 12.05, green 11.79, red 4.89, orange 4.74, yellow 0.785.

Last of a dying breed...

TurbchargdSpydrApr-18-14 11:16 PM
159 posts,
#138342, "RE: p0106 :("
In response to Reply # 2

Hopefully, some of the admins can chime in, reset computer, drove a few miles, shut car off, turned on, no issues. Did this 3/4 times. when starting car for 4th time, runs funky and engine light is on. shut it off and start it a few more time, still funky plus cel. Disconnect bettery and plug back in. Runs perfect as if though it wasnt just acting funky a minute ago. could this be a bad computer?

Last of a dying breed...

DstachApr-19-14 12:42 AM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
#138343, "RE: p0106 :("
In response to Reply # 3

Try 4.6 volts but keep an eye on your afr.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

TurbchargdSpydrApr-20-14 09:07 AM
159 posts,
#138344, "RE: p0106 :("
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Dstach
Try 4.6 volts but keep an eye on your afr.

Lowered it to 4.6 and then even to 4.16, still nothing. Shouldnt this issue be constant? Why does it go away (as well as the funky idle with the cel on) after resetting the ecu?

Last of a dying breed...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138337 Previous topic | Next topic