Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138308
View in linear mode

Subject: "2.4 edz build questions/help" Previous topic | Next topic
Captain_kjrMar-07-14 10:43 PM
Member since Mar 07th 2014
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138308, "2.4 edz build questions/help"

Hey guys I am a new member to 2gnt, but I have been doing this 2.4 build for a decent amount of time and I have a few questions.

this is what I have so far.

2.4 stratus block (1999) over bored, hot tanked and honed

srt4 forged over bore pistons CR of 10.5 (custom with the dome height changed for the 420a)

forged eagle rods for the 2.4

srt4 water pump

2.4 crankshaft

and more too come in a matter of a few days (tax refund and savings rock)

My questions before semi assembling things together

1. Is it necessary for me to have the pistons, rods, crank, and flywheel balanced? I already weighed my rods and they had the same weight but I did not go into decimal places on that.

2.Since my pistons are custom I do not see any sign of which direction the pistons are facing. I did find that there is a small bump on the inside of the piston that is in one direction but I am not sure. Are you guys able to assist me in finding which direction they are so I can twist them 180 degrees?

It is a little crazy but this build is currently in my apartment on the third floor, for now, and this will be turbocharged as well.

I wish I can show you guys some pictures but I am having a hard time finding out how to do this...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DstachMar-07-14 11:02 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138309, "RE: 2.4 edz build questions/help"
In response to Reply # 0

It will be easier to see a picture of the piston. Why did you choose 10.5 compression for a turbo build? You are running eagle rods for an srt4 right? and is they are all aftermarket then its not extremely needed. They are pretty balanced from factory. My engine shop said there was no need for mine. I would run the srt4 oil pump as well.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Captain_kjrMar-07-14 11:08 PM
Member since Mar 07th 2014
4 posts,
#138310, "RE: 2.4 edz build questions/help"
In response to Reply # 1

Yea Im thinking of copying and pasting the picture right into the text box.

Well I jus want the go all out with the build. And I really wanted a monster of a 2gnt, as well as running e85.

I have high hopes for this car for the simple fact that I do not see too many 2gs in my area yet alone a 2gnt at that.

Even though I love my current dd 420a to death.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138308 Previous topic | Next topic