Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138286
View in linear mode

Subject: "95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail)" Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevFeb-11-14 04:07 AM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138286, "95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail)"

I'm working on my all motor build and am looking for a fuel line solution and wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations. It's a 95 so the filter is on the firewall. I have an AMM intake manifold so the fuel line ends up passing right in front of the throttle body. Is there a way to use a -4an ss hose with a banjo fitting for the filter side, something else for the fuel rail connection? Not sure if there's such a fuel fitting that has the two bolt holes.... Possibly a way to lengthen the line?? The easiest thing I can think of is just getting a different fuel rail that uses -4an fittings... Also, is there a name for the two bolt fuel fitting? And what size is the banjo fitting for the filter? Any help/input is always much appreciated!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail), Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-11-14 08:22 AM, #1
RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail), VendorRed90Sev, Feb-11-14 08:24 AM, #2
      RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail), Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-11-14 08:25 AM, #3
      RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail), Fallen4ng31, Feb-11-14 08:27 AM, #4
           RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail), ez, Feb-11-14 09:46 PM, #5
                RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail), DirtMegirt, Feb-12-14 05:50 AM, #6

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-11-14 08:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138287, "RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail)"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-11-14 08:24 AM by xcasbonx

Why do you need to adjust the fuel line feed? I don't see a problem with using the factory provisions even if you have to reroute them to make room with the AMM manifold.

Otherwise you're looking at a custom rail, -4an hose, and a banjo to -4an adapter.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VendorRed90SevFeb-11-14 08:24 AM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
#138288, "RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail)"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by xcasbonx
Why do you need to adjust the fuel line feed? I don't see a problem with using the factory provisions.

Because I have a AMM Intake manifold and it sticks the hose directly in front of the throttle body opening.

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-11-14 08:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#138289, "RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail)"
In response to Reply # 2

Check my edited post.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Fallen4ng31Feb-11-14 08:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#138290, "RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail)"
In response to Reply # 2

Can you put up a pic of what it looks like?

Is this something you can use a 45º or 90º union fitting for?

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

ezFeb-11-14 09:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#138291, "RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail)"
In response to Reply # 4

Another possible solution is ditch the stock fuel filter and use an inline filter to give yourself more placement options (that's what I have).

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

DirtMegirtFeb-12-14 05:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
#138293, "RE: 95 fuel line solution (from filter to rail)"
In response to Reply # 5

Like ez said above, you can ditch the stock filter. Check out what some 3000gt/stealth guys did here:

http://www.stealth316.com/2-fuelfilter-upgrade.htm

You can use the stock location and then run whatever size line/connection you want.

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138286 Previous topic | Next topic