Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138277
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ms3 setup" Previous topic | Next topic
DstachFeb-06-14 06:25 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138277, "Ms3 setup"

When using ms3 with the 3.57 board are there any hardware changes that need to be made? I couldn't find any info on it. I know I can select 420a in ignition of timer studio but the hardware part confused me a little.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SymTech LabsFeb-07-14 07:41 AM
Member since Jun 29th 2009
68 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138278, "RE: Ms3 setup"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Dstach
When using ms3 with the 3.57 board are there any hardware changes that need to be made? I couldn't find any info on it. I know I can select 420a in ignition of timer studio but the hardware part confused me a little.

You can use the VR input as-is, but you need to configure the potentiometers properly and install a pull-up resistor:

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms3/ignition.html#vrv357pull

In order to drive the stock 420A ignition coil, you will need to add two ignition drivers too:

http://www.msextra.com/doc/general/sparkout-v357.html#2coils

-----------------------------------------

- http://www.symtechlabs.com -

2GNT's Source for MegaSquirt
systems, accessories & more!

Service Manuals and Guides
MegaSquirt MSQ Repository

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DstachFeb-07-14 09:43 AM
276 posts,
#138281, "RE: Ms3 setup"
In response to Reply # 1

Okay thank you. And to just be clear for the ignitor, I'm going to use the Bosch ones. I would send the spark output (I will use MSX) to pin 2 on the ignitor, pin 3 would be ground and pin one would have a 330 ohm resistor then to the coil? Then I would use MS3X logic spark output. I want to install them out of the case to keep it cleaner in the case. I just have to use a heat sink and a mica-insulator. Means I'm using MS3 Im assuming I wouldn't need all the internal jumpers that ms2 and 3 need?

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

SymTech LabsFeb-07-14 09:46 AM
Member since Jun 29th 2009
68 posts,
#138282, "RE: Ms3 setup"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Dstach
Okay thank you. And to just be clear for the ignitor, I'm going to use the Bosch ones. I would send the spark output (I will use MSX) to pin 2 on the ignitor, pin 3 would be ground and pin one would have a 330 ohm resistor then to the coil? Then I would use MS3X logic spark output. I want to install them out of the case to keep it cleaner in the case. I just have to use a heat sink and a mica-insulator. Means I'm using MS3 Im assuming I wouldn't need all the internal jumpers that ms2 and 3 need?

If you're using the MS3X outputs, you can use a 120 ohm resistor connected to the base of the BIP373's (the MS3X spark outputs already have 200 ohm resistors in series). Otherwise, it sounds like you have the right idea.

-----------------------------------------

- http://www.symtechlabs.com -

2GNT's Source for MegaSquirt
systems, accessories & more!

Service Manuals and Guides
MegaSquirt MSQ Repository

DstachFeb-07-14 03:23 PM
276 posts,
#138283, "RE: Ms3 setup"
In response to Reply # 3

Okay thank you very much!

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138277 Previous topic | Next topic