Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138177
View in linear mode

Subject: "All motor guys come on in." Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevNov-04-13 11:45 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138177, "All motor guys come on in."

So, I thought I would post up and see what the best all motor setups are today. It's been only about 10 years since I gave up my all motor endeavor (lol) but recently I picked up a 95 rs that I was thinking about making a nice all motor race car. I know Mark Bullet has the record at 13.2 I think, but I wanted to just start a new thread because things are a little slow around here anymore and maybe spark some conversation. Who's got the best all motor times, builds, etc. Love to hear about them.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: All motor guys come on in., VendorRed90Sev, Nov-07-13 06:52 PM, #1
RE: All motor guys come on in., biteback1000, Nov-10-13 12:25 AM, #2
RE: All motor guys come on in., AdministratorCODE4, Nov-10-13 07:16 AM, #3
RE: All motor guys come on in., VendorRed90Sev, Nov-10-13 09:11 AM, #4
      RE: All motor guys come on in., billy mack, Nov-15-13 02:04 PM, #5
RE: All motor guys come on in., Fallen4ng31, Nov-15-13 05:34 PM, #6
      RE: All motor guys come on in., Fotowntalon, Nov-18-13 12:20 PM, #7
           RE: All motor guys come on in., VendorRed90Sev, Nov-18-13 04:54 PM, #8

VendorRed90SevNov-07-13 06:52 PM
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138178, "RE: All motor guys come on in."
In response to Reply # 0

http://youtu.be/EghvqQyFgQM

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

biteback1000Nov-10-13 12:25 AM
Member since Oct 26th 2006
25 posts,
#138181, "RE: All motor guys come on in."
In response to Reply # 0

best all motor set up is ported head with 1 mm valves, springs. crown stage 3 cams. megasquirt with the 2.4 block swap. in the block you can get high comp piston and better rods. the crown cams are the largest cams made for this motor beside the race came. but those push the power brand too high up for me liking.

AdministratorCODE4Nov-10-13 07:16 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#138182, "RE: All motor guys come on in."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by biteback1000
best all motor set up is ported head with 1 mm valves, springs. crown stage 3 cams. megasquirt with the 2.4 block swap. in the block you can get high comp piston and better rods. the crown cams are the largest cams made for this motor beside the race came. but those push the power brand too high up for me liking.

What are Crown Cams?

Glad to see you jump in the forums to give those last couple posts so you could post up your FS add too!

---

2012 2500HD LML

VendorRed90SevNov-10-13 09:11 AM
261 posts,
#138183, "RE: All motor guys come on in."
In response to Reply # 3

Mainly looking for people who are all motor now and what setups they have. Mainly just wanting them to post up and start conversation. Status, builds, goals, etc...

billy mackNov-15-13 02:04 PM
Member since Aug 02nd 2002
176 posts,
#138186, "RE: All motor guys come on in."
In response to Reply # 4

Hey, its been forever since I posted on here!!
All motor guys are still out there I see, and by the looks of it, I still had the fastest!

tha fastest 420a eclipse in canada ( right Keith )

Fallen4ng31Nov-15-13 05:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#138187, "RE: All motor guys come on in."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by biteback1000

Dale is the only person that gets to make posts like this. You owe me two Advil for the headache you've caused.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

FotowntalonNov-18-13 12:20 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
#138188, "RE: All motor guys come on in."
In response to Reply # 6

All motor 2.0 or ?? you are leaving me hanging here, no replacement for displacement right? =)

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

VendorRed90SevNov-18-13 04:54 PM
261 posts,
#138189, "RE: All motor guys come on in."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Fotowntalon
All motor 2.0 or ?? you are leaving me hanging here, no replacement for displacement right? =)

Well, let me see here. What do we consider for records with the 420a all motor? Can it be a stroked 420a? What are the guidelines when someone is going for the fastest N/A Eclipse?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138177 Previous topic | Next topic