Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138131
View in linear mode

Subject: "Intermittent Fuel Pump. Please help!" Previous topic | Next topic
iDriftSep-13-13 07:05 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2013
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138131, "Intermittent Fuel Pump. Please help!"

Hey guys I am a proud new owner of a 97 eclipse gs, it has a built 420a, and the previous owner put a walboro 255lph. I drove the car, drives good. I went to the gas station, came back and the car wouldn't fire. I checked for spark and it has spark, but no fuel, I couldn't hear the fuel pump priming. someone on dsmtuners told me to mess with the black boxes between the brake and clutch reservoir. I unplugged it and replugged it and it fired up, but it does it again. Does anyone know what these boxes are called? Please let me know asap, I need this car working asap. Here is a picture for reference.

Thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Gruff511Sep-13-13 07:27 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138132, "RE: Intermittent Fuel Pump. Please help!"
In response to Reply # 0

They are the ASD relay and FUEL PUMP relay. The fuel pump relay may need to be replaced.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

iDriftSep-13-13 07:33 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2013
2 posts,
#138133, "RE: Intermittent Fuel Pump. Please help!"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you very much. I was wondering if just the fuel pump relay will need to be replaced or the ASD relay as well? Thanks in advance!

SilvrEclipsSep-16-13 06:16 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#138134, "RE: Intermittent Fuel Pump. Please help!"
In response to Reply # 2

Start with just the fuel pump relay. It sounds like the ASD is working fine

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Slo2gSep-16-13 12:16 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#138135, "RE: Intermittent Fuel Pump. Please help!"
In response to Reply # 3

They are standard Bosch 5 pin relays btw, you don't have to order the whole relay assy.

ModeratorCorbinSep-25-13 07:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#138147, "RE: Intermittent Fuel Pump. Please help!"
In response to Reply # 4

You might be able to "fix" it by disconnecting and reconnecting the relay a bunch of times, then greasing up the connector with white lithium grease or dielectric grease. I had an intermittent fuel pump issue many years ago. Once running, the engine would always stay running. If I parked it, I had a 50/50 shot at getting it to fire up. I eventually decided that it might be corrosion on the connector contacts. I disconnected and reconnected the relay several times to clean the corrosion and then re-greased it. That was over a decade ago and the original relay is still running fine. I now put dielectric grease on every electrical connector (especially relays without rubber seals).

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138131 Previous topic | Next topic