Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138086
View in linear mode

Subject: "Idle Failure" Previous topic | Next topic
demonkedAug-20-13 02:23 PM
Member since Mar 12th 2012
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138086, "Idle Failure"

I hope someone can help me here. I finally got my car to turn over, but it does not want to keep idle. I have checked every sensor, every hose, fuel, everything. I have spark since i tested it with my volt meter. Any suggestions to why my car cannot keep idle? Also, the car has no turbo yet, I am running a stock tune on new parts. (i.e. 8.8:1 compression and 1000cc injectors. Stock cams and throttle body and intake manifold.)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Aug-20-13 02:40 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138087, "RE: Idle Failure"
In response to Reply # 0

What are you using for engine management? Fuel pressure? Have you done a compression test? Vacuum leak/boost leak test? Report back with your results.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

demonkedAug-25-13 03:28 PM
31 posts,
#138106, "RE: Idle Failure"
In response to Reply # 1

compression test:
cylinder 1 - 150
cylinder 2 - 149
cylinder 3 - 151
cylinder 4 - 150

I also noticed when taking the spark plugs out, that the plugs in cylinders 1 and 2 were completely clean, and 3 and 4 were black like misfired fuel. Any suggestions on that? I will be performing a fuel pressure test tomorrow morning as well and will post results.

SilvrEclipsAug-28-13 02:36 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#138117, "RE: Idle Failure"
In response to Reply # 2

How are you tuning your injectors? You cant just stick 1000s in there and expect the car to run

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

AdministratorCODE4Aug-28-13 02:51 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#138118, "RE: Idle Failure"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by demonked
compression test: cylinder 1 - 150 cylinder 2 - 149 cylinder 3 - 151 cylinder 4 - 150 I also noticed when taking the spark plugs out, that the plugs in cylinders 1 and 2 were completely clean, and 3 and 4 were black like misfired fuel. Any suggestions on that? I will be performing a fuel pressure test tomorrow morning as well and will post results.

Still need to answer the question about engine management. As mentioned above big ass injectors do not work on a factory tune. Also, it is why I asked your fuel pressure. Since you said you are going to perform a test, safe to assume you have never set it, and that means you are likely on a stock FPR. You can see where we are going with this....

---

2012 2500HD LML

demonkedAug-28-13 04:34 PM
31 posts,
#138119, "RE: Idle Failure"
In response to Reply # 4

I have also done a fuel pressure test and i have absolutely no fuel pressure. Also I will be switching to the stock injectors as well because as you all mentioned, the big injectors I have will not run correctly with the stock tune. In the near future I will be installing MS2 to compensate for the 1000cc injectors, as well as install my turbo and intercooler systems.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138086 Previous topic | Next topic