Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138037
View in linear mode

Subject: "Issues starting car." Previous topic | Next topic
sintouJul-26-13 12:25 AM
Member since Jul 12th 2013
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138037, "Issues starting car."

So the last snow storm we had up here in MN, I was driving my wife's 95 Odyssey. Needles to say, I hit a curb and bent the heck out of the lower control arm passenger side. So, we took her car to the shop and I followed with my GS. It was about a 20 mile drive give or take a few miles. Anyways, when we got to the shop, I stepped out of my car and went inside to talk to the mechanic. When I came out, the engine to the GS was off. I asked if my wife had shut off the car and she said no, It just died.

I tried to restart the engine and it cranked but would not start. I opened the hood and saw that there was snow in between the wall of the engine bay and the timing belt cover. I left the GS with the mechanic and had to drive the Odyssey home.

The mechanic called me a few days later and told me he couldn't get the car fixed. He changed coil and nothing. He said there was no spark, there was no gas flow, and he didn't have any answers because the codes he got off of his reader didn't match any codes he had. (Didn't get codes from him) He said I had to take it into the dealership and have them figure out what was wrong with it. He said most likely it had to do with the ecu. I did some google-ing of my own and saw people had similar issues with their 2G's as well. Many people said it had to do with the ASD Relay going bad.

My questions are:
Could it possibly be the crank sensor?
Can the crank sensor go out while driving?
Are there any 2gnters in Stp MN (Eastside) that are willing to let me test using their ASD Rrelay and or stock ECU?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Issues starting car., AdministratorCODE4, Jul-26-13 08:39 AM, #1
RE: Issues starting car., sintou, Jul-26-13 10:41 PM, #2
      RE: Issues starting car., valdeelrico, Aug-10-13 07:25 PM, #3
           RE: Issues starting car., Wes Tank, Aug-11-13 07:05 PM, #4
                RE: Issues starting car., sintou, Aug-11-13 08:18 PM, #5
                     RE: Issues starting car., valdeelrico, Aug-12-13 08:51 AM, #6

AdministratorCODE4Jul-26-13 08:39 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138040, "RE: Issues starting car."
In response to Reply # 0

What year GS?

And you need to provide us with codes to help you out.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

sintouJul-26-13 10:41 PM
3 posts,
#138043, "RE: Issues starting car."
In response to Reply # 1

It is a 98

I will go and rent an obd2 reader from Autozone and post the codes once I get a chance to. Thanks

valdeelricoAug-10-13 07:25 PM
Member since Mar 06th 2009
41 posts,
#138070, "RE: Issues starting car."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by sintou
It is a 98 I will go and rent an obd2 reader from Autozone and post the codes once I get a chance to. Thanks

Autozone will pull the codes for you and print you a receipt. it could be a crank sensor.

Wes TankAug-11-13 07:05 PM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
214 posts,
#138073, "RE: Issues starting car."
In response to Reply # 3

Did the timing belt break?

sintouAug-11-13 08:18 PM
3 posts,
#138075, "RE: Issues starting car."
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-11-13 08:19 PM by sintou

It is sitting outside of my brother's house and can't start so I can't get it to Autozone to pull codes for me. Autozone no longer loans out OBD II readers because they never come back. LOL I may have to go pick one up since I work on all my cars anyways. I will post once I have the cash to go buy one.

The timing belt did not break.

I have a sinking suspicion it is the crank sensor also.

valdeelricoAug-12-13 08:51 AM
Member since Mar 06th 2009
41 posts,
#138078, "RE: Issues starting car."
In response to Reply # 5

Yes the car would need to be at AutoZone for them to kill the codes. My fault for not adding things up.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138037 Previous topic | Next topic