Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137909
View in linear mode

Subject: "Car starts then dies and looses spark" Previous topic | Next topic
DSM315May-14-13 11:24 AM
Member since May 14th 2013
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137909, "Car starts then dies and looses spark"

Im having huge trouble with a 99 eclipse nt with a turbo kit on it. I have replaced the fuel pump, crankd sensor, cam sensor, and coil pack. I cant figure this out. it will start then run for about 10-15 seconds sometimes longer. it will die or if u rev it up it will die. the tach drops to 0 and it shuts off. it will crank after but not have any spark unless I let it sit for little while then it does the same thing. any help would be appreciated
thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SnapDragunMay-14-13 12:08 PM
Member since May 14th 2012
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137910, "RE: Car starts then dies and looses spark"
In response to Reply # 0

Are you using a FCD or DSMLink?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fallen4ng31May-14-13 12:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#137911, "RE: Car starts then dies and looses spark"
In response to Reply # 1
May-14-13 12:20 PM by Fallen4ng31

There is no DSM/ECMLink for 420a powered cars.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

DSM315May-14-13 12:34 PM
Member since May 14th 2013
2 posts,
#137912, "RE: Car starts then dies and looses spark"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah I have an fcd on it but its loosing spark I don't think that would have anything to do with it

SnapDragunMay-14-13 01:48 PM
Member since May 14th 2012
4 posts,
#137913, "RE: Car starts then dies and looses spark"
In response to Reply # 3
May-14-13 01:49 PM by SnapDragun

Sorry guy, I clearly need to read more carefully before I post. If you are loosing spark, the first thing you need to track down is why. You say the car runs for about 10-15 seconds or longer before shutting off due to the lost of spark. I would check the spark plugs after its done this, to see if the spark plugs are being over saturated with Fuel to the point they are too wet to spark. Another thing is that it is possible that some of the spark plugs could be faulty. Next place to look would be the knock sensor because knock sensor is basically a microphone that is there to listen for spark knock which is also called detonation, pinging, and pre ignition. If any of these conditions are too extreme for the ECU to make adjustments then it will shutdown the signal to the coil pack.

Posting this based on past experiences with a scenario similar to this so I hope this helps.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137909 Previous topic | Next topic