Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137884
View in linear mode

Subject: "How to Disconnect Relays" Previous topic | Next topic
RallyEclipse98May-06-13 08:03 PM
Member since Feb 22nd 2007
165 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137884, "How to Disconnect Relays"

I'm talking about the relays on the drivers side of the firewall. I need to disconnect them for my compression check. I have pushed in on the plastic tab on the front side and pulled downward and they will not budge. I don't want to bend up the metal fastener trying to get them out. Am I doing something wrong or are they just really hard to pull off?

Better safe than sorry! Thanks!

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/76227-diy-compression-test-420a.html (Second pic shows relays)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Wes TankMay-06-13 08:10 PM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
214 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137886, "RE: How to Disconnect Relays"
In response to Reply # 0

Probably just stuck and hard to pull out. (that's what she said)

Get a pliers or something on it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SilvrEclipsMay-07-13 05:48 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#137887, "RE: How to Disconnect Relays"
In response to Reply # 1

Yea they should pull right out, you can also just disconnect the coil pack and the injector harness when doing a compression check.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

RallyEclipse98May-13-13 05:23 PM
Member since Feb 22nd 2007
165 posts,
#137907, "RE: How to Disconnect Relays"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the info. guys! I just pulled pretty hard on the relay while holding in the tab and using the other hand to keep the bracket from bending downwards.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137884 Previous topic | Next topic