Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1378
View in linear mode

Subject: "cooling system problem" Previous topic | Next topic
XT_DSMApr-29-01 04:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1378, "cooling system problem"

http://members.home.net/xtatdsm

my top radiator hose has bubbled up, the thing seems to be about to explode. the car does not over heat, but the pressure in the coolant system seems to be hella high which caused my radiator hose to bubble up, and everytime I open the coolant cap the, the thing just flies right up along with coolant all over (I did that very carefully tho)

I have changed my radiator cap along with radiator hose but that did me no good. Do you guys think it's the thermostat? if not what else I should check or look for? An I have also flushed my coolant system not too long ago, so I am pretty sure nothing is clogged or anything, now I am only thinking it might be the thermostat.

thanks a lot

Adel

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: cooling system problem, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-30-01 01:39 AM, #1
RE: cooling system problem, Hoot, Apr-30-01 08:42 AM, #2
      RE: cooling system problem, ECLiPSE56, Apr-30-01 11:56 AM, #3
           RE: cooling system problem, XT_DSM, May-01-01 07:31 AM, #4
                RE: cooling system problem, whodatt1, May-02-01 01:42 AM, #5
                     RE: cooling system problem, TeamMichael_97RS, May-02-01 02:03 AM, #6
                          RE: cooling system problem, whodatt1, May-02-01 05:09 AM, #7

TeamMichael_97RSApr-30-01 01:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1379, "RE: cooling system problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Hmm... you come up with the good ones Adel.

I would say replace the thermostat andsee if it helps... It's not expense so it can't hurt. I wonder if somehow your waterpump is pushing too much pressure (not sure if this is possible or not) But check the overflow nipple if this is clogged and fluid can't get into the reservoir you could have a problem (unlikely pbut possible)

I really wasn't any help, but I hope all ggoes well and you figure it out.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HootApr-30-01 08:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
106 posts,
#1380, "RE: cooling system problem"
In response to Reply # 1

adel, are you turbo'ed or not? if so, how close is your upper hose to the turbo? could be from the heat. how about some thermal foil around the hose or something like that?

ECLiPSE56Apr-30-01 11:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
181 posts,
#1381, "RE: cooling system problem"
In response to Reply # 2

yo adel... mine did the same thing bubbling up.. .but it never shot up like that.. the bubbling stopped when i changed the thermostat.. so do that! i'm pretty sure that's what it is...

Allan

-=-=--=---FiFty SiX- 1997 Mitsu Eclipse RS (soon to be boostin. .)-=-==-=--=-
=-=-=--=-=-=--_----_-_-_-DSM Bay Area Chapter-_---__--_--=-=-=-=-=-=-=--

Allan
allan@sablan.org

--=-=-=-=----------representin NoRCALi/BaY ArEa since '97-----=-=-=-=------

XT_DSMMay-01-01 07:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#1382, "RE: cooling system problem"
In response to Reply # 3

http://members.home.net/xtatdsm

thanks for the help guys

here is where I am standing at.

replaced Rad hose, Rad cap, and thermostat still.

after replacing the Rad hose, the new hose did not bubble up, but it's still under a lot of pressure and I am sure it's matter of days b4 this one bubble up again.

here is what I am left with

1- pin-hole leak somewhere that sucks in small amout of air and causes the extra coolant pressure
2- bad head gasket (I don't see how tho, the thing is like 3 months old)
3- cloggod Rad.

Adel <---- going back to his investigation

whodatt1May-02-01 01:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#1383, "RE: cooling system problem"
In response to Reply # 4

I need to replace my thermostat also since it is stuck open(that part is easy), I would also like to flush the whole system as well, but don't know exactly how to do it could you guys help me out?

Two of the most powerful elements in nature interact to create a most awesome machine!
Whodatt1
97gs

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

TeamMichael_97RSMay-02-01 02:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1384, "RE: cooling system problem"
In response to Reply # 5

There are a couple ways.

The best way is to buy the kit. You take out the thermostat and it screw into the radiator cap and you hook a hose up to it and flush water through it and open the drainon the botom of the radiator and let it go through close it as needed to fill the system with more water.

Another one that I don't think works as well is this stuff in a bottle, you put that in with water and let the car run at operating temperature for like ten minutes and drain the system.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

whodatt1May-02-01 05:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#1385, "RE: cooling system problem"
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks for the help.. It makes a little sense, I think once I have the it it will make more sense. Where would I get this "kit", from any auto shop?

Two of the most powerful elements in nature interact to create a most awesome machine!
Whodatt1
97gs

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1378 Previous topic | Next topic