Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137337
View in linear mode

Subject: "420a pinout help, 99 Eclipse" Previous topic | Next topic
imaracer83Sep-17-12 04:54 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2012
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137337, "420a pinout help, 99 Eclipse"

Hey guys, could anybody help me with the ECU pinout please? I'm having major trouble trying to locate the correct pins to tap into for O2 sensor signal, and ENGINE ground pin. I'm not sure why it's so hard to locate but I seem to not be having much luck. Thank you to all that can offer any help!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RS420A_MPSep-17-12 04:57 PM
Member since May 09th 2009
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#137338, "RE: 420a pinout help, 99 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

there you go...

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=ECU_Pinout

AFX ECU, Crane 12's, OBX cam gears, UDP, 60MM Jeep TB, P&P IM, AEM CAI, Pacesetter Headers, Test pipe, Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs,BRK-5e, MSD ignition and more!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

imaracer83Sep-17-12 05:29 PM
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137339, "RE: 420a pinout help, 99 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 1

Question, they're different in some years. Is the reason the 99 isn't posted is because it's the same as the 98 pinout? Thanks for the reply

imaracer83Sep-17-12 05:30 PM
0 posts,
#137340, "RE: 420a pinout help, 99 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 1

AND, there are 2 grounds, pins 10 and 50, are they both ENGINE grounds? Thanks again?

RS420A_MPSep-18-12 08:51 AM
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#137341, "RE: 420a pinout help, 99 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 3

those are grounds for the ecu, you would not find a "engine ground" in the ECU, if you wanna get "engine ground" bolt a wire to the engine, but in the car, a ground is a ground; the best and more "constant" ground is from the battery terminal

my personal recommendation, install a grounding kit and then, take a ground from any place

AFX ECU, Crane 12's, OBX cam gears, UDP, 60MM Jeep TB, P&P IM, AEM CAI, Pacesetter Headers, Test pipe, Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs,BRK-5e, MSD ignition and more!

RS420A_MPSep-18-12 08:54 AM
16 posts,
#137342, "RE: 420a pinout help, 99 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 4

and if you are installing a narrow band A/F Gauge take the signal from the pin #30 White / Black stripe, that one belongs to the front O2 sensor signal

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137337 Previous topic | Next topic