Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #136185
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wiring 2step and WOT box" Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevMar-10-12 11:09 AM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136185, "Wiring 2step and WOT box"
Mar-10-12 11:16 AM by Red90Sev

So I have a 2step and wot box I'm trying to install. Anyone know off the top what color and where the clutch switch wire is? They shot me these instructions, not sure if they are accurate, but I'll take pics and do a write up for anyone else who's interested in a wot box and 2step that's only a 6 wire hookup.
Basically Coil power in, coil power out, TPS, RPM, clutch pedal position switch, and ground. Pretty cool little device.
http://sites.google.com/a/npcompleteperformance.com/www2/wotbox_instructions.pdf?attredirects=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhJsx9e6IC8FcDVGN2FwdXZaUVlfVEZmQ01TUElQU0E

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-10-12 11:49 AM, #1
RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, SilvrEclips, Mar-12-12 05:42 AM, #2
      RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, VendorRed90Sev, Apr-05-12 04:12 AM, #3
           RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, VendorRed90Sev, Apr-08-12 07:05 AM, #4
                RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, VendorRed90Sev, Apr-14-12 01:50 AM, #5
                     RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, SilvrEclips, Apr-14-12 09:12 AM, #6
                          RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, VendorRed90Sev, Apr-14-12 05:18 PM, #7
                               RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, VendorRed90Sev, Apr-16-12 10:15 PM, #8
                                    RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, megaskillz, Apr-17-12 09:20 AM, #9
                                    RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, iNoise, Feb-26-14 05:50 PM, #10
                                         RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, VendorRed90Sev, Mar-01-14 04:20 AM, #11
                                              RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, iNoise, Mar-17-14 11:38 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, VendorRed90Sev, Mar-17-14 08:56 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, iNoise, Mar-18-14 01:05 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box, VendorRed90Sev, Mar-18-14 04:29 PM, #15

AdministratorCODE4Mar-10-12 11:49 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136186, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 0

Refer to the FSM Electrical portion for wiring pin numbers and colors.

http://www.nawdu.de/files/

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SilvrEclipsMar-12-12 05:42 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#136204, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 1

Great link. Definitely bookmarked.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

VendorRed90SevApr-05-12 04:12 AM
261 posts,
#136395, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 2

So I found the switch under the dash and wire colors off of the switch is black and the other is blue (if my eyes see them correctly).. From the switch it goes to the harness and the wires off of the harness is a green with black stripe and the other is black. Now, is there another place that I can tap into the wire other than under the dash? This is my last wire. I've got pics and everything ready for a how to.

VendorRed90SevApr-08-12 07:05 AM
261 posts,
#136402, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 3

Anyone?

VendorRed90SevApr-14-12 01:50 AM
261 posts,
#136443, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 4
Apr-14-12 07:32 AM by Red90Sev

For future reference, I believe the wire for the clutch switch is the red wire/pin 41 on the ecu (on a 97 M/T at least). I will respond back to confirm this. I do have one question though. Here's the message I got from their customer support regarding the clutch switch:

"Hi,

You want to splice into the cruise control clutch switch. It will be the clutch switch that changes with a small amount of pedal travel. It can be either a ground or 12v. It just needs to reliably change from 12V to 0V or 0V to 12V when the pedal is pressed. If it is backwards, you can change it in our software."

Now based on this, the voltage should change when the pedal is pressed. My question is, when I'm driving with my cruise on in second gear going 30mph, if I push the clutch in and shift into third gear fast enough, my cruise control never shuts off. Now, if I just push the clutch in and hold it, the rpm will rev a little and the cruise will shut off. If this "clutch switch" was working correctly, shouldn't it shut off the cruise the moment I push in the clutch and sees 12v? Or am I failing to understand something? My wife's car is a M/T and as soon as you begin to push in the clutch, the cruise will shut off instantly. Any ideas?

SilvrEclipsApr-14-12 09:12 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#136444, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 5

Thats the way our car is configured. There is no cruise control clutch switch. We only have the start up switch on the clutch.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

VendorRed90SevApr-14-12 05:18 PM
261 posts,
#136449, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 6
Apr-14-12 05:59 PM by Red90Sev

So will that even work for WOT shifting? Is that start switch 12v when pressed, or is it 12v and then open when it's pressed? If not, is there an alternative? I'm assuming my previous post about it being the red wire on ecu pin 41 is incorrect....?

VendorRed90SevApr-16-12 10:15 PM
261 posts,
#136465, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 7

Come on, someone has to know if that would work or not... Or have any other ideas...

megaskillzApr-17-12 09:20 AM
Member since Oct 12th 2008
105 posts,
#136466, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 8

Referring to Corbin's ATMT write up in the wiki, the power wire for the clutch switch is green with black stripe.

98 GS manual - ATMT completed
91 Hyundai Excel- 4g63t swap pending
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2553845/1998-mitsubishi-eclipse

iNoiseFeb-26-14 05:50 PM
Member since Dec 17th 2009
47 posts,
#138298, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 8
Feb-26-14 05:51 PM by iNoise

Originally posted by Red90Sev
Come on, someone has to know if that would work or not... Or have any other ideas...

Getting ready to install one of these N2MB WOT boxes, ever confirm what wire for clutch switch?

Also im kinda shocked not more people use this thing...

VendorRed90SevMar-01-14 04:20 AM
261 posts,
#138303, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by iNoise
Originally posted by Red90Sev Come on, someone has to know if that would work or not... Or have any other ideas...
Getting ready to install one of these N2MB WOT boxes, ever confirm what wire for clutch switch? Also im kinda shocked not more people use this thing...

I ended up installing my own switch. Took out the whole clutch pedal assembly and rigged one up. 12v on one side and the wot box wire on the other. I'll see if I can't get some pics up later.

iNoiseMar-17-14 11:38 AM
47 posts,
#138321, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Red90Sev
Originally posted by Red90Sev Come on, someone has to know if that would work or not... Or have any other ideas...
Getting ready to install one of these N2MB WOT boxes, ever confirm what wire for clutch switch? Also im kinda shocked not more people use this thing...
I ended up installing my own switch. Took out the whole clutch pedal assembly and rigged one up. 12v on one side and the wot box wire on the other. I'll see if I can't get some pics up later.

Update?

Box is on my car and im having the same problem with the clutch switch.

VendorRed90SevMar-17-14 08:56 PM
261 posts,
#138322, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 12

I was just getting around to finding the pics. Here they are!
Here's some shots of the stock clutch pedal and safety switch, the safety switch will not work for the WOT/2Step.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/Red90Sev/media/eb04746e.jpg.html>
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/Red90Sev/media/d5df5d34.jpg.html>
In this pic, you can see where I installed the switch and the 90* piece of aluminum that's JB Welded to the upper part of the clutch pedal. If you use JB Weld, make sure to scuff the mating surfaces. There's barely any pressure on the switch, so JB Weld worked for me.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/Red90Sev/media/IMG_2003_zps75b5fb04.jpg.html>
Other side of the aluminum arm that presses the switch.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/Red90Sev/media/IMG_2001_zpsbfb541bd.jpg.html>
Here's the back side of the switch (directly above the clutch stop bolt) You will want to get a wire that's connected to a 12v source going to the switch, but at least three inches before the switch, you need to install a 1k resistor then connect it to the switch. The green wire on the WOT/2step box will need to connect to the other side of the switch. You can use either a normally open switch, or normally closed, you can configure either one in the software settings.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/Red90Sev/media/IMG_2002_zpsd9110e60.jpg.html>
Now this is just one way of doing it. Make sure you have plenty of adjustment. Also make sure you're fully engaging the switch and not over engaging it. Check and recheck your mounting location.
In this location, the WOT Box engages right as you press on the clutch, so it's very sensitive. If you want the WOT Box to engage at the bottom, you will need a different way of mounting a switch. Hope this helps some. Here's a pic of the resistor you want if you don't already have one.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/Red90Sev/media/IMG_2023_zps1175bb56.jpg.html>

iNoiseMar-18-14 01:05 PM
47 posts,
#138324, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 13
Mar-18-14 01:08 PM by iNoise

Awesome. Thanks. Just curious, where did you get the switch?

VendorRed90SevMar-18-14 04:29 PM
261 posts,
#138325, "RE: Wiring 2step and WOT box"
In response to Reply # 14

Awesome. Thanks. Just curious, where did you get the switch?

Radio shack, they have a ton of switches. I got a little bag of red and black ones, in the pics, I had removed the red cap off of it.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #136185 Previous topic | Next topic