Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #135740
View in linear mode

Subject: "need advice on problem" Previous topic | Next topic
96TALON420AJan-10-12 07:35 PM
Member since Oct 23rd 2011
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135740, "need advice on problem"

hey guys i am very new to this forum i have read alot, i just can't seem to find a solution to this problem i am having, or i am just not doing something right on my car.

car will start with a jump but will not start at all if i turn it off and try to turn it back on. i replaced the alt. i replaced the battery i fallowed the wiring harness and found all the grounds cleaned them up a bit. Bought a new ECU, checked all my connections on the harness. still will not start without a jump. anyone have any ideas

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: need advice on problem, Fotowntalon, Jan-10-12 08:02 PM, #1
RE: need advice on problem, Gruff511, Jan-10-12 08:16 PM, #2
      RE: need advice on problem, 420agreenvilleSC, Jan-11-12 08:38 AM, #3
      RE: need advice on problem, 96TALON420A, Jan-25-12 01:13 AM, #5
RE: need advice on problem, frankfordeclipse3, Jan-21-12 02:58 PM, #4
RE: need advice on problem, nub, Jan-25-12 01:31 PM, #6

FotowntalonJan-10-12 08:02 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135741, "RE: need advice on problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Is your starter good? sometimes as they go bad they can almost get "stuck" and need an extra jolt to free them, which may be why you need to jump it. Of course take it to autozone to test it before you replace it. Also may sound dumb, but are you sure your new battery is fully charged?

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Gruff511Jan-10-12 08:16 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#135742, "RE: need advice on problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Its the starter. I had the same problem. When it doesn't turn on tap on the starter while trying to crank it over, if it starts then its your starter.

420agreenvilleSCJan-11-12 08:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#135746, "RE: need advice on problem"
In response to Reply # 2

yes, try a new starter

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

96TALON420AJan-25-12 01:13 AM
Member since Oct 23rd 2011
5 posts,
#135895, "RE: need advice on problem"
In response to Reply # 2

Thank you for all for your imput and to be honest you all were very right it was in fact the starter. It took me awhile to get ack on here was having trouble with my laptop . Well now to start searching on my latest new problem and a but of reading to do. Car starts up with no problem but my cruise light is on even tho it is off and I haven't turned it on continues to stay on but car dies on me... Bad ECU but I will check out somethings. Thank you all for helping me getting this running ppl want the garage back

frankfordeclipse3Jan-21-12 02:58 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2012
1 posts,
#135865, "RE: need advice on problem"
In response to Reply # 0

I would agree with the problem being the starter.

nubJan-25-12 01:31 PM
Member since Feb 12th 2011
26 posts,
#135900, "RE: need advice on problem"
In response to Reply # 4

Could also be your battery terminals. The negative side is a 2-piece that will corrode and not make contact no matter how well you clean it out. Have to separate the two pieces and clean both.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #135740 Previous topic | Next topic