Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #135623
View in linear mode

Subject: "Car misfiring..Please Help!" Previous topic | Next topic
Jonny NationDec-12-11 12:28 AM
Member since Nov 26th 2011
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135623, "Car misfiring..Please Help!"

Okay so I got in my car this morning and started driving, as I was driving my car out of the blue started to misfire...but it was only in midrange and low end throttle, at full throttle it seems to run fine. I cut the O2 sensor a few weeks ago on accident (I know I'm an idiot) but It's ran fine ever sense until now. I've been pondering it all day and I'm dumbfounded. Any ideas?

98 Talon Esi
Bolt-ons

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-12-11 08:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135624, "RE: Car misfiring..Please Help!"
In response to Reply # 0

Fix the O2 sensor.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorbullettdsmDec-12-11 03:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#135627, "RE: Car misfiring..Please Help!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DarkOne
Fix the O2 sensor.

Yes, I did L my A off on that one.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

RoninEclipse2GDec-12-11 10:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#135628, "RE: Car misfiring..Please Help!"
In response to Reply # 1
Dec-12-11 10:15 PM by RoninEclipse2G

Originally posted by DarkOne
Fix the O2 sensor.

Then change the sparkplugs immediately afterward. They're probably fouled to hell running as rich as the car will without an O2

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

venge24Dec-14-11 02:18 AM
Member since Nov 15th 2009
33 posts,
#135632, "RE: Car misfiring..Please Help!"
In response to Reply # 3

Like stated above, fix the o2, see what happens, if it still misses, change the plugs, if it still misses let us know.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #135623 Previous topic | Next topic