Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #135128
View in linear mode

Subject: "wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?" Previous topic | Next topic
Vendor99BeaterGSSep-20-11 03:03 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2011
40 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135128, "wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wiseco-Forged-Pistons-Eagle-Rods-Neon-420A-8-8-1-88mm-/390325669870?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae1390fee

Ive searched and found this $754.99. Is that a good deal or does anyone know of any other place cheaper?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, BoostedEclipse, Sep-20-11 03:41 PM, #1
RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, Fotowntalon, Sep-20-11 09:43 PM, #2
      RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, Smash_NDash, Sep-20-11 11:27 PM, #3
      RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, Vendor99BeaterGS, Sep-21-11 06:27 AM, #4
           RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, Fotowntalon, Sep-21-11 08:10 AM, #5
                RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, Smash_NDash, Sep-21-11 09:23 AM, #6
                RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, TurbchargdSpydr, Sep-21-11 03:09 PM, #7
                     RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, Fotowntalon, Sep-21-11 04:56 PM, #8
                          RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, 99RedGs, Sep-21-11 09:57 PM, #9
                               RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, Fotowntalon, Sep-21-11 11:54 PM, #10
                                    RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, Fotowntalon, Sep-22-11 12:00 PM, #11
                                         RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, 99RedGs, Sep-22-11 02:02 PM, #12
                                              RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, Vendor99BeaterGS, Sep-22-11 02:05 PM, #13
                                                   RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, Fotowntalon, Sep-22-11 02:40 PM, #14
                                                        RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, 99RedGs, Oct-10-11 12:41 AM, #15
                                                             RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?, Smash_NDash, Oct-12-11 12:57 AM, #16

BoostedEclipseSep-20-11 03:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135129, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah that site that has the cheapest price as far as a package wiseco/eagle deal is concerned. I had that combo on my last 2gnt build.

- 98 Eclipse rs turbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FotowntalonSep-20-11 09:43 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
#135132, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 1

I'll check at work and see what kind of deal on wiseco I can get ya.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Smash_NDashSep-20-11 11:27 PM
Member since May 31st 2011
64 posts,
#135135, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 2

They have the JE/ Eagle combo for like 20-30 more... Thats where I was gonna get mine from.

Vendor99BeaterGSSep-21-11 06:27 AM
40 posts,
#135136, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Fotowntalon
I'll check at work and see what kind of deal on wiseco I can get ya.

Man that would be great. can you only get wiseco or can you get the egale rods too???

FotowntalonSep-21-11 08:10 AM
350 posts,
#135137, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 4

sadly no, we dont deal with eagle. And on the topic of pistons I would prefer wiseco over JE just for the simple fact that wiseco normally include the rings with there pistons

"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Smash_NDashSep-21-11 09:23 AM
64 posts,
#135138, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 5

with both sets from RSP they include piston rings even for JE.

TurbchargdSpydrSep-21-11 03:09 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
#135140, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 5

sadly no, we dont deal with eagle. And on the topic of pistons I would prefer wiseco over JE just for the simple fact that wiseco normally include the rings with there pistons

I'm not entirely sure that's correct, when I ordered my JE pistons, they came with rings!

Last of a dying breed...

FotowntalonSep-21-11 04:56 PM
350 posts,
#135142, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 7

its possible JE's do as well, I was just more sure of Wiseco's. As for the price, I need to discuss with my manager the price I can give out. I know I as an employee I can get some sick deals, but as for friends, not sure how much of a discount I can give.

99RedGsSep-21-11 09:57 PM
Member since Jul 05th 2007
42 posts,
#135145, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 8

its possible JE's do as well, I was just more sure of Wiseco's. As for the price, I need to discuss with my manager the price I can give out. I know I as an employee I can get some sick deals, but as for friends, not sure how much of a discount I can give.

Pm me a price you can get, I need a set of 10.5:1's @ .020" over ( K581M88 is the SKU I believe)

Ah Vtec... All of the lag with none of the turbo

FotowntalonSep-21-11 11:54 PM
350 posts,
#135147, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 9

I'll try to check for you tomorrow at work if i remember. normally good at remembering that stuff, but pulling an all nighter because my baby girl is having puppies.

FotowntalonSep-22-11 12:00 PM
350 posts,
#135159, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 10

I can do $550

99RedGsSep-22-11 02:02 PM
42 posts,
#135160, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 11

I can do $550

$550 for just the Pistons? :-/ They are like $80-$100 cheaper everywhere else darn.

Vendor99BeaterGSSep-22-11 02:05 PM
40 posts,
#135161, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 12

Actually with ky mother owning a parts store/hardwear store i just sent in for becomeing a dealer. .. Lets see if they accept

FotowntalonSep-22-11 02:40 PM
350 posts,
#135162, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 13

our racer prices arn't the greatest if i am being honest. If you have a shop and become a dealer thats where the good savings are. Or of course if ya work here

99RedGsOct-10-11 12:41 AM
42 posts,
#135276, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 14

I took a chance and ordered from the same ebay vendor you posted (realstreetrsp) and I had a great experience.

They were out of stock on the 10.5:1 88mm Pistons (annoyed me at first since why list an out of stock item for sale), but they notified me right away. They offered to ship me 88.5mm if I didn't want to wait, but I chose to just wait. They had Wiseco ship the pistons directly to me and I received them ahead of schedule.

Meanwhile, they had the rods so they sent them out to me alone. They even emailed me a picture of everything they were sending me for confirmation.

So for future reference of people looking to order I would say the ebay vendor realstreetrsp is perfectly safe.

Smash_NDashOct-12-11 12:57 AM
64 posts,
#135277, "RE: wiseco pistons egale rod package deal?"
In response to Reply # 15

they have a website too which Ive gotten bearings from. they shipped fast

realstreetperformance.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #135128 Previous topic | Next topic