Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1335
View in linear mode

Subject: "DRIVEN movie review" Previous topic | Next topic
cyanApr-26-01 07:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1335, "DRIVEN movie review"

ok, ill say ahead of time, it wasnt as good as i expected, but i expected ALOT from this movie, so whatim saying is its an excellent race movie. i cant believe the amount of work put into these race scenes. id say its a 8/10. while it may not be of as much interest in our community as "that other car movie" but it certainly will tide you over for a measly 2 months until F&F is released. the scenes in the street are insane, and the crashes are just as good. its all camera angles and stunts here, no real outside plot except for a little love triangle between the three younguns (pardue, schweiger and warren) and another love triangle between the oldies (stallone, his daughter-aged ex wife gina gershon, and that other near bald ugly chick he is dating now)
all in all, great worth seeing movie, so go see it. its more adrenaline rushing than gone in 60, but not quite as entertaining overall.

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: DRIVEN movie review, HadesOmega, Apr-26-01 07:46 PM, #1
RE: DRIVEN movie review, jltucson, Apr-27-01 07:03 AM, #2
RE: DRIVEN movie review, DarkEclipseRS (Guest), Apr-27-01 08:18 AM, #3
      RE: DRIVEN movie review, taloned_dog, Apr-27-01 12:56 PM, #4
           RE: DRIVEN movie review, Nitrous_RS1997, Apr-27-01 04:31 PM, #5
                RE: DRIVEN movie review, slowGS, Apr-28-01 04:58 AM, #6

HadesOmegaApr-26-01 07:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1336, "RE: DRIVEN movie review"
In response to Reply # 0

Cool I was planning on seeing that when it came out which is as I write this reply

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | and 1 highly skilled driver |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jltucsonApr-27-01 07:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
39 posts,
#1337, "RE: DRIVEN movie review"
In response to Reply # 0

Whats F&F?

DarkEclipseRS (Guest)Apr-27-01 08:18 AM

#1338, "RE: DRIVEN movie review"
In response to Reply # 2

DarkEclipseRS97 http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1574635&a=11969799&p=43081885&Sequence=6&res=high http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1574635&a=11969799&p=47132928&Sequence=0&res=high http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1574635&a=11969799&p=47132928&Sequence=0&res=high fast and the furious.peace

taloned_dogApr-27-01 12:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
162 posts,
#1339, "RE: DRIVEN movie review"
In response to Reply # 3

i just got home from seeing the movie and it was ok but not anything WOW they through in a bunch of chick stuff to balance out the movie for the crowd. i should of waited till it comes out in video. lets hope that the F&F is better. just by the trailer i would say defintely. can't wait. CU

97 Talon ESI N/T
total stock "not for long"

Nitrous_RS1997Apr-27-01 04:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#1340, "RE: DRIVEN movie review"
In response to Reply # 4

I loved this movie. i grew up around car racing, and love everything about it. it really makes ya feel the racing pretty well. i saw the trailer for the fast and the furious for the first time(havent been to the movies in a while), and while the cars definitely look cool(ESPECIALLY the Eclipse!!!) i wish it coulda centered around something other than illegal racing and running from the cops. its already something most of us are stereotyped into. but still, im lookin forward to it. Driven i believe is more my type of movie though.

NitrousEclipse97@aol.com
1997 Eclipse RS
75-shot Nitrous Express(wet)
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
NGK Plugs&Wires(one range colder)
Front/Rear Upper Strut bars
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's
http://www.TeamKLR.com

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

slowGSApr-28-01 04:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
64 posts,
#1341, "RE: DRIVEN movie review"
In response to Reply # 5

saw it last nite and it sucked,, what a waste of money, like 2 good scenes in the movie,, the race through downtown, which isnt possible in an indy car,, but it was still decent,,wait 4 the dvd

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1335 Previous topic | Next topic