Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133376
View in linear mode

Subject: "M2 Performance Header" Previous topic | Next topic
2ndGenDSMMar-14-11 06:26 PM
Member since Mar 14th 2011
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133376, "M2 Performance Header"

Does anyone own or heard of Megan Racing's M2 Performance header?

http://www.meganracingperformance.com/19951999-mitsubishi-eclipse-nonturbo-stainless-steel-header-p-85493.html

I'm just trying to get some feedback on it to decide whether or not to buy it.

Thanks guys.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: M2 Performance Header, Moderatorteklein, Mar-14-11 06:57 PM, #1
RE: M2 Performance Header, ryan95eclipse, Mar-15-11 12:05 AM, #2
RE: M2 Performance Header, 95_ESi_Person, Mar-15-11 06:32 AM, #3
      RE: M2 Performance Header, Moderatorteklein, Mar-15-11 06:49 AM, #4
           RE: M2 Performance Header, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-15-11 06:53 AM, #5
                RE: M2 Performance Header, Moderatorteklein, Mar-15-11 06:54 AM, #6
                     RE: M2 Performance Header, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-15-11 07:05 AM, #7
                          RE: M2 Performance Header, Ebster1085, Mar-15-11 10:14 AM, #8
                               RE: M2 Performance Header, scorpo86, Mar-22-11 01:58 PM, #11
                                    RE: M2 Performance Header, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-23-11 04:06 PM, #12
RE: M2 Performance Header, 2ndGenDSM, Mar-15-11 02:11 PM, #9
RE: M2 Performance Header, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-15-11 06:15 PM, #10
      RE: M2 Performance Header, sheldon, Jul-24-11 03:03 PM, #13
           RE: M2 Performance Header, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-24-11 03:09 PM, #14
                RE: M2 Performance Header, sheldon, Jul-24-11 03:19 PM, #15
                     RE: M2 Performance Header, 99eclipse420a, Jul-24-11 03:57 PM, #16
                          RE: M2 Performance Header, sheldon, Jul-24-11 04:46 PM, #17
                               RE: M2 Performance Header, electrohead, Jul-25-11 12:16 AM, #18
                                    RE: M2 Performance Header, sheldon, Jul-25-11 05:39 AM, #19
                                         RE: M2 Performance Header, ModeratorVX100, Jul-25-11 06:42 PM, #20
                                              RE: M2 Performance Header, sheldon, Jul-25-11 07:11 PM, #21

ModeratortekleinMar-14-11 06:57 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#133377, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 0

Probably the same 70 shipped eBay header just more money with a fancy logo.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ryan95eclipseMar-15-11 12:05 AM
Member since Oct 03rd 2010
59 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133378, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 1

+1 Yea if your planning on going turbo in the future or not, save yourself a couple bucks and get an ebay set, same exact ones without the welded on logo. Had both, MR and Ebay.

95_ESi_PersonMar-15-11 06:32 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#133379, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by teklein
Probably the same 70 shipped eBay header just more money with a fancy logo.

This. Even down to the dinky bolts that come with them. The only difference I noticed was the coloration at the welds.

ModeratortekleinMar-15-11 06:49 AM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#133380, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
Originally posted by teklein Probably the same 70 shipped eBay header just more money with a fancy logo.
This. Even down to the dinky bolts that come with them. The only difference I noticed was the coloration at the welds.

Yeah, figured that was the one.

Honestly, if you were going to buy a header, get a cheap eBay one or look for a used DC or Greddy.

420agreenvilleSCMar-15-11 06:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#133381, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 4

i wonder how much it costs to make these Chinese mass-produced headers. this same design is everywhere

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

ModeratortekleinMar-15-11 06:54 AM
1699 posts,
#133382, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
i wonder how much it costs to make these Chinese mass-produced headers. this same design is everywhere

If you reproduce those, mark my words I will stab you.

They are a pure shit design.

420agreenvilleSCMar-15-11 07:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#133383, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 6
Mar-15-11 07:05 AM by 420agreenvilleSC

lol, i knew you'd think that, but trust me i wouldnt invest in those crapers. nothing special about em. just was curious on production costs

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Ebster1085Mar-15-11 10:14 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#133385, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 7

Agree with what everyone said above. Looks just like all the rest of the eBay headers out there, but it costs more.

Before I was turbo I had a cheap HP Racing header that looked identical to that one, and it was a POS. The header/midpipe connection is prone to leaks and is just a low quality design.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

scorpo86Mar-22-11 01:58 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#133443, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 8

Yea, that is the same one that you get from ebay because I bought one from ebay. If you look at the flex pipe end that connects to the cat converter it doesn't match up to the rest of the exhaust, the bolt holes are on an angle and the stock is strait. Before I got my greedy exhaust I had to cut my the stock pipe and weld it sideways. So next time you buy an ebay header make sure that its not on an angle like explained above.

RoninEclipse2GMar-23-11 04:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#133463, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 11

My Ebay header flange lined up just fine, it's just an inch short and pulls on the rest of the exhaust >_<

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

2ndGenDSMMar-15-11 02:11 PM
Member since Mar 14th 2011
2 posts,
#133386, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks guys that helps.
I figured for that price they couldn't be anything special.
Anyone know of someone trying to sell a used header and downpipe on the site? (prefer DC)

AdministratorCODE4Mar-15-11 06:15 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#133391, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 9

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=16

---

2012 2500HD LML

sheldonJul-24-11 03:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
128 posts,
#134641, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 10

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to know if anyone had any leak issues with these headers where you connect the header to the collector. I just installed mine and it leaks like a champ. The bolts are tight( both mounts touching each other), but it has a little gap in the front near the fans and it's putting out a good amount of air.

ModeratorbullettdsmJul-24-11 03:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#134642, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 13
Jul-24-11 03:10 PM by bullettdsm

Mine were good for about a year; then they leaked at the slip joint.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

sheldonJul-24-11 03:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
128 posts,
#134643, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 14

That's where mine is leaking and its new.

99eclipse420aJul-24-11 03:57 PM
Member since Jul 17th 2008
68 posts,
#134644, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 15

Mine leaks there also and it has ruined 2 o2 sensors.

sheldonJul-24-11 04:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
128 posts,
#134645, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 16

Great. I had the fitment issue with the pipe being alittle too short at the cat also and the bolt holes were too small and needed to be drilled open some more. I wish I could get my old one fixed (Hotshot 4-1). It has a hole right in the middle where the 4 pipes meet.

electroheadJul-25-11 12:16 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
#134646, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 17

I had that design header on my car. Hated it, but I bought it due to my capped off secondary air solenoid pipe blowing off my car. So for a cheap replacement, I guess it was ok. I never had the slip joint leak, though. Instead, I had to use a hammer and screwdriver to seperate the two halves. I did get a used Greddy header from Tim and the quality of the product was evident the moment I put it on. Plus, the exhaust note deepened a little. I just developed a small leak at the flange to pipe weld on cylinder 3.

sheldonJul-25-11 05:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
128 posts,
#134647, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 18

Thanks guys. I'm trying to get in contact with the seller and see if I can return it. Im going to see if I can find someone that can get in there and fix my old one or I'll get a different new one. Sucks to have my car down for another week or 2 with the work schedule I have.

ModeratorVX100Jul-25-11 06:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#134648, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 19

I've got the same mass produced header also. Got it because it was a short 4-1 setup, and dirt cheap. So far minimal leaking. If it gets worse no big deal due to the price. I tightened the hell out of those slip joint bolts. I found if you tighten them a little for one, then a little for the other, and keep going until they are very tight it comes out ok.

I figure there is this one factory in China where these things are stamped out, and they just ship them to different wholesalers where they then put their own logo on it and such. It probably costs a lot less than we think for just the part itself. Then factor in shipping, wholesale... you get the idea.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

sheldonJul-25-11 07:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
128 posts,
#134649, "RE: M2 Performance Header"
In response to Reply # 20

Yeah, I got you. My bolts are as tight as they can get. The mounts are touching each other.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133376 Previous topic | Next topic