Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #131696
View in linear mode

Subject: "Please help me, i need pictures." Previous topic | Next topic
itsaslow95Sep-24-10 12:08 PM
Member since Oct 17th 2009
139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131696, "Please help me, i need pictures."

alright a while ago i posted about not getting a crank sensor signal, still cant, but i do not think its the MS unit or the wiring, i was looking through some pictures and saw this.

/>

Uploaded with http://imageshack.us>ImageShack.us

if you take note, the CKP sensor hole does not line up with the tone wheel casted into the crank?!

how can this be? does anybody have a picture of theirs i can use for comparison??

i have gone through 5 sensors now, wired it all sorts of different ways, and can not get a wave form on an o-scope out of it.

please help!! next step is craigslist it!

-Jason

---------------------------------------
most posts are done from my iPhone please excuse my typos

95 eclipse gs turbo - parting out
2004- dodge dakota
2006 lancer with a fancy wing and really expensive brakes.

~Naturally Aspirated then Pressurized~
Streetworksautomotivetuning.com <~ best friend's shop SUPPORT HIM!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Please help me, i need pictures., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-24-10 12:16 PM, #1
RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-24-10 12:55 PM, #2
      RE: Please help me, i need pictures., 1slw97, Sep-24-10 03:06 PM, #3
           RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-24-10 03:10 PM, #4
                RE: Please help me, i need pictures., 1slw97, Sep-24-10 03:22 PM, #5
                     RE: Please help me, i need pictures., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-24-10 03:35 PM, #6
                     RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-24-10 04:03 PM, #7
                     RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-24-10 04:09 PM, #8
                          RE: Please help me, i need pictures., Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-24-10 04:58 PM, #9
                               RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-24-10 05:08 PM, #10
                                    RE: Please help me, i need pictures., 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-25-10 01:10 AM, #11
                                         RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-25-10 06:34 AM, #12
                                              RE: Please help me, i need pictures., AdministratorCODE4, Sep-25-10 09:58 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-25-10 02:09 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Please help me, i need pictures., AdministratorCODE4, Sep-25-10 02:24 PM, #15
                                                             RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-25-10 02:54 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: Please help me, i need pictures., Slo2g, Sep-25-10 06:34 PM, #17
                                                                       RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-26-10 06:40 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: Please help me, i need pictures., Slo2g, Sep-26-10 10:53 AM, #19
                                                                                 RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-26-10 08:06 PM, #20
                                                                                      RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-27-10 08:13 PM, #21
                                                                                           RE: Please help me, i need pictures., Slo2g, Sep-27-10 11:09 PM, #22
                                                                                                RE: Please help me, i need pictures., itsaslow95, Sep-28-10 12:06 PM, #23

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-24-10 12:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131697, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah.... Who assembled that motor?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

itsaslow95Sep-24-10 12:55 PM
139 posts,
#131698, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 1

I did, ran when I tore it down, that's the same Block and crank? Why?

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

1slw97Sep-24-10 03:06 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
#131699, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 2

I have a block and crank laying out in the garage. I will go out and take a pic in a few mins.

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

itsaslow95Sep-24-10 03:10 PM
139 posts,
#131700, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 1slw97
I have a block and crank laying out in the garage. I will go out and take a pic in a few mins.

Thank you very much. Very much appreciated

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

1slw97Sep-24-10 03:22 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
#131701, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 4

Here you go.. Looking at your pic, I think you are fine. I think it's the angle that your pic was taken, Making it look like it's off.

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-24-10 03:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#131702, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 5

I keep looking at this gap and wondering how the thrust bearing can do that.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

itsaslow95Sep-24-10 04:03 PM
139 posts,
#131703, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by DarkOne
I keep looking at this gap and wondering how the thrust bearing can do that.

You make an excellent point however the runout was in factory spec

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

itsaslow95Sep-24-10 04:09 PM
139 posts,
#131704, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 1slw97
Here you go.. Looking at your pic, I think you are fine. I think it's the angle that your pic was taken, Making it look like it's off.

I really hope so man. I'm gonna use a light and a mirror tomorrow to see if it's aligned through The hole. Your crank looks different then mine for some reason. My journals look bigger to me.

I really appreciate your time though, thanks a lot.

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-24-10 04:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#131705, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 8

Lol, that's funny shit right there. Yeah, I believe that's all camera angle and shadow (including the thrust bearing). Funny because, as we speak, I'm in the middle of putting an engine together and I can't get that angle (but I already have the bedplate on).

A picture is worth a thousand words???

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

itsaslow95Sep-24-10 05:08 PM
139 posts,
#131706, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Lol, that's funny shit right there. Yeah, I believe that's all camera angle and shadow (including the thrust bearing). Funny because, as we speak, I'm in the middle of putting an engine together and I can't get that angle (but I already have the bedplate on). A picture is worth a thousand words???

Aha yes it is, I wish I had a better one or one from the tear down haha. I honestly don't see how it could be off it's a casted portion of the crank. How could it just move all the sudden.

I hate this car hahahaha

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

420agreenvilleSCSep-25-10 01:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1525 posts,
#131708, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 10

damn. i wonder if i have any... yeap. not a great pic, but hope it helps. from my build.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

itsaslow95Sep-25-10 06:34 AM
139 posts,
#131709, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
damn. i wonder if i have any... yeap. not a great pic, but hope it helps. from my build.

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to help out.

I'm beginning to think it is just the camera angle, because you'd looks a little misaligned Also. But I assume you are up and running with no errors

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

AdministratorCODE4Sep-25-10 09:58 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#131710, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 12

My addition to this:

---

2012 2500HD LML

itsaslow95Sep-25-10 02:09 PM
139 posts,
#131713, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 13

well everyone i appreciate all your help, but i looked through the sensor hole today with a mirror and the tone ring appears to be centered. just a bad angle with the picture.

4 weeks and counting still no crank sensor signal to MS.:angry:

i can cycle the transistor in the sensor manually (put a dmm across power and signal read voltage while waving a ratchet handle in front of sensor and the dmmm cycles from 8.8v to 6.7v) but while cranking ms still has nothing, 0 rpm)

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

AdministratorCODE4Sep-25-10 02:24 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#131714, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 14

Is your setup designed for the MSnS to be stand alone? Are the sensors receiving voltage from the stock ECU or MS?

Additionally, verify that the MS unit is receiving power during CRANK and RUN - I know that is a common problem with some when they tap power for the unit.

---

2012 2500HD LML

itsaslow95Sep-25-10 02:54 PM
139 posts,
#131718, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by CODE4
Is your setup designed for the MSnS to be stand alone? Are the sensors receiving voltage from the stock ECU or MS? Additionally, verify that the MS unit is receiving power during CRANK and RUN - I know that is a common problem with some when they tap power for the unit.

The sensor is getting 9v+ Key on engine off, and Key on engine cranking.
The MS unit is wired to a relay i installed myself, and has power whenever the switch is on.

I tapped the power wire from the OEM ECU I don't remember what pin, but its a yellow wire that gives off 8.8V+

I don't know what you mean by is it designed to be stand alone, i assume you mean as opposed to piggy backing off the factory ECU, in which case i wanted to use the factory ECU to control the IAC but at this point i gave up on that, i'm going to see how it idles and go from there.

This is a brand new sensor directly from Mitsubishi, and the new wiring kit as well. i haven't had a chance to put it on an oscilloscope just yet hopefully tomorrow to see if it has a wave form this time. If it does ill be tearing MS apart again i guess but atleast its a step forward.

Thanks

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

Slo2gSep-25-10 06:34 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#131719, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 16
Sep-25-10 06:36 PM by Slo2g

If I'm not mistaken when I had the factory ecu in there(:P) I tapped with a black and white stripe.

And what he means (probably) by stand alone mode is the MSnS can be set up to read two totally different signals from out cars. One is the tach wire (white) and is used with Neon/420a decoder mode turned off. The other is Blue/white (actual crank signal wire) and is used with Neon/420a decoder turned on.

itsaslow95Sep-26-10 06:40 AM
139 posts,
#131722, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by Slo2g
If I'm not mistaken when I had the factory ecu in there(:P) I tapped with a black and white stripe. And what he means (probably) by stand alone mode is the MSnS can be set up to read two totally different signals from out cars. One is the tach wire (white) and is used with Neon/420a decoder mode turned off. The other is Blue/white (actual crank signal wire) and is used with Neon/420a decoder turned on.

I have the 9v ref going to the sensor, and the ground to the ms. Then for the output wire, I have the ms hooked up and i ran a wire to the ECU blue/white in hopes of using the factory tach. I have MS set to 420a/neon. Am i correct?

-thanks

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

Slo2gSep-26-10 10:53 AM
1074 posts,
#131723, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 18

Try running the ground to the chassis or an existing ground. Where do you have your power for the MSnS tied in? Are you leaving the factory ecu in the car or are you removing it?

itsaslow95Sep-26-10 08:06 PM
139 posts,
#131724, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 19

Try running the ground to the chassis or an existing ground. Where do you have your power for the MSnS tied in? Are you leaving the factory ecu in the car or are you removing it?

I did that. Actually today I put it on a scope and with the ms not attached I had a very nice wave form, only when the factory ecu was connected also, I'm not really sure why that mattered. I did not however have a tach signal on my factory dash? But when I put the ms unit back into the equation I get a wave but it only goes to 2v, which makes me think my problem lies in the ms. Me and my dad looked over the directions and it looks like we skipped over the part where you replace r12, remove a capacitor and jump 5v to where the capacitor was. I know that the factory ecu uses a comparitive circuit to read the signal, is this what ms needs to do, more specifically is that circuit we missed the comparative curcuit? Could that be my problem? Either way that's on the todo list for tomorrow. Also as a side note, beware when buying a diyautotune harness, 5 out of my 6 grounds were in the wrong place on the db37 harness. But that didn't fix my problem:(

Thanks sorry it's long.

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

itsaslow95Sep-27-10 08:13 PM
139 posts,
#131727, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 20

well built the comparative circuit and WA LA!! pops spits and backfires but its progress in the right direction!

does anybody by chance have a basic tune that may get me up and started? i got one off the ms fourm but its all wrong and there all very old on there.

im running 650cc injectors. fuel pressure at 50psi

thanks!!!!!!

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

Slo2gSep-27-10 11:09 PM
1074 posts,
#131728, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 21

http://www.symtechlabs.com/support/msq_rep.php

Symtech has some base maps, just rescale the injector size. Its good enough to get you to a dyno and get tuned. I would post mine but its on my other computer.

itsaslow95Sep-28-10 12:06 PM
139 posts,
#131729, "RE: Please help me, i need pictures."
In response to Reply # 22

http://www.symtechlabs.com/support/msq_rep.php Symtech has some base maps, just rescale the injector size. Its good enough to get you to a dyno and get tuned. I would post mine but its on my other computer.

See now ive tried these a couple times, maybe I'm doing somethin wrong. I download it save it to desktop, then open tunerstudio and hit open the click on it. Is this incorrect?

Thanks,

-Jason

2004- dodge dakota

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #131696 Previous topic | Next topic