Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #12964
View in linear mode

Subject: "ticking noise??" Previous topic | Next topic
2bFasterJan-26-02 01:45 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12964, "ticking noise??"

Okay I know this has probably already been asked but... today when I parked I could hear a faint ticking noise coming from the passenger side of the engine. Its alot easier to here inside the car and in the wheel well instead of the engine bay... What is this????? It seems to get faster when I rev the engine then either stops or ticks too fast to recognize... any help or ideas would be sweet
thanx
I was told that the injectors can tick if they get dirty... is this true?? Could it be the prob????

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ticking noise??, PowerEclipses, Jan-26-02 03:37 PM, #1
RE: ticking noise??, 2bFaster, Jan-26-02 03:55 PM, #2
      RE: ticking noise??, 97_ESi, Jan-26-02 04:35 PM, #3
           RE: ticking noise??, Jivedady63, Jan-27-02 12:48 AM, #4
                RE: ticking noise??, Super20G, Jan-27-02 09:15 AM, #5
RE: ticking noise??, 2bFaster, Jan-27-02 03:28 PM, #6
RE: ticking noise??, optimuspeterson, Jan-28-02 04:29 AM, #7
      RE: ticking noise??, Avenger95, Jan-28-02 09:50 AM, #8

PowerEclipsesJan-26-02 03:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12965, "RE: ticking noise??"
In response to Reply # 0

well on your passanger side there are belts that could be your problem how many miles are on your car, could be the bearings on your pulleys

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2bFasterJan-26-02 03:55 PM
170 posts,
#12966, "RE: ticking noise??"
In response to Reply # 1

70k its a 97 RS

*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.

97_ESiJan-26-02 04:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#12967, "RE: ticking noise??"
In response to Reply # 2

Got the same problem here....only when its cold though did I start to notice it

Colder it is the louder it is.... I think mines just because its so cold (-30C) then I only run it for like 3 mins

-----------------
1997 Eagle Talon ESi
Check out more pictures here: http://mikelaidlaw.tripod.com

MODS
-----
Blitz Front Bumper - Invader Type 1 Side Skirts - 17" Gunmetal Motegi MR7's - Final Drive Gear Mod - H&R Lowering Springs - 97 Eclipse Headlights - Taillight Mods - Interior Colouring/Lighting/Accessories - Stereo - Intake Filter, Plugs and Wires

Jivedady63Jan-27-02 12:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
71 posts,
#12968, "RE: ticking noise??"
In response to Reply # 3

All my pullys and belts are new and I have it on my 95 I think its the water pump

95 GS Greddy SP, KYB AGX, Progress springs(suck),custom intake,HP strut tower bar $30(proud),15$ camber mod, symborski shift kit,high flo cat,msd coil, 10.3mm wires,ss autocrome header,getting goldline springs
donations are accepted, no offer refused

Super20GJan-27-02 09:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12969, "RE: ticking noise??"
In response to Reply # 4

our valvetrain tends to be quite noisy, but it should hurt anything.. if you want, rework it with pt cruiser parts and other goodies.

2bFasterJan-27-02 03:28 PM
170 posts,
#12970, "RE: ticking noise??"
In response to Reply # 0

So Im not in any real danger if it continues...

*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.

optimuspetersonJan-28-02 04:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#12971, "RE: ticking noise??"
In response to Reply # 6

i have that also. i'm about 98% positive i know what it is. if you can jack up your car and start it. if you look straight up in the bumper on the right side there is a silver cylinder looking thing. i think it is the ac compressor or sometning like that. that is where my clicking is coming from. some one else check it out and tell me if they agree.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

Avenger95Jan-28-02 09:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
37 posts,
#12972, "RE: ticking noise??"
In response to Reply # 7

pinch the tube running to your EVAP canister. If it stops ticking, you've fixed it... Good Luck

Kevin's 1995 Dodge Avenger
i4 - 5sp - over 200,000 miles and still going..

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #12964 Previous topic | Next topic