Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1287
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse5999Apr-26-01 03:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1287, "Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?"

I have a 95 GS Manual. I bought my car secondhand. My car just runs smooth and great between the warmup and first half hour. When the motor get hot it goes strange. I feel/hear like there is a miss-fire of spark plug in the engine. (not sure, it is just my feeling) It happens only when the RPM is in 2500-3500 range. If I run under 2500 or race hard up 4000 RPM it runs fine. Last time I take off the air filter which I hook up on the OEM intake pipe, and connect it back to the OEM airfilterbox. The car runs better, but not perfect. The miss-fire feeling persists but less. I suspect that the problem has something to do with the air temperature, because the air-intake is not sucking the hot air right behind the radiator fan. Last week I install a exhaust header on my car which generates alot of hot air under the hood. At the same day i notice that the miss-fire feeling get worst again. To confirm my suspection is right. I wrap the header with heattape, and bingo, the miss-fire feeling get less. So, I conclude that the problem is related with the intake air temperature. And it happens only at 2500-3500 rpm range. ANY SUGGESTION OR/AND HELP??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?, Hoot, Apr-26-01 06:19 AM, #1
RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?, eclipse5999, Apr-26-01 07:50 AM, #2
      RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-26-01 09:00 AM, #3
           RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?, eclipse5999, Apr-27-01 12:50 PM, #4
                RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?, Armond30, Apr-29-01 03:12 PM, #5
                     RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?, eclipse5999, May-03-01 08:58 AM, #6

HootApr-26-01 06:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
106 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1288, "RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?"
In response to Reply # 0

did you check for trouble-codes on the ECU?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse5999Apr-26-01 07:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2 posts,
#1289, "RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?"
In response to Reply # 1

Can you tell me how to do that?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-26-01 09:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1290, "RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?"
In response to Reply # 2

Do you have a check engine light?

to check codes, and to see what the codes mean:

http://www.2gnt.com/files/pcmcode.htm

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

eclipse5999Apr-27-01 12:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2 posts,
#1291, "RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?"
In response to Reply # 3

No, I don;t. I think the guy who sells me the car take off the CEL bulb. If I don;t have the light, what else can I do?

thanks

Armond30Apr-29-01 03:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#1292, "RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?"
In response to Reply # 4

I woudl definitely take the cluster out and put in a new bulb for your cel. that thing is important.

bring it on............

eclipse5999May-03-01 08:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2 posts,
#1293, "RE: Is there any air-temperature sensor existed?"
In response to Reply # 5

I look in the computer error code list and find code 23 says something about the temperature. "Intake air temperature sensor voltage Low / High"

Where is this sensor located?

thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1287 Previous topic | Next topic