Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1230
View in linear mode

Subject: "Mr Egr" Previous topic | Next topic
jltucsonApr-25-01 06:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
39 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1230, "Mr Egr"

I recently made the homeade ABS piping intake with the plan on the mods page. Works and wounds great.

I notice that with this homeade thing, theres no way to connect the egr pipe like it was int he factory filter box. Not that I want it connected..... But right its just blowing into the wind. So.... Do I need to connect it somehow to the new intake? Or is it ok to blow anywhere? Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Mr Egr, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-26-01 09:03 AM, #1
RE: Mr Egr, jltucson, Apr-26-01 01:46 PM, #2
      RE: Mr Egr, nick95rs (Guest), Apr-26-01 02:03 PM, #3
           Ah HAH!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-27-01 05:46 AM, #4
                RE: Ah HAH!, jltucson, Apr-27-01 07:02 AM, #5
                     RE: Ah HAH!, 95ESi, Apr-27-01 07:53 AM, #6

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-26-01 09:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1231, "RE: Mr Egr"
In response to Reply # 0

Do you mean the PCV valve, or the crankcase beather ? The EGR doesn't connect to the air intake.

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jltucsonApr-26-01 01:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
39 posts,
#1232, "RE: Mr Egr"
In response to Reply # 1

Oh it doesnt... Isnt that interesting...

Well whatever the jell Im talking about, its the small tube that would connect into the filter box, blowing used, hot air into the box and recycling up through the intake hose into the throttle body. Without the filter box, I have this little tube just blowing off whereever.

nick95rs (Guest)Apr-26-01 02:03 PM

#1233, "RE: Mr Egr"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey man, i think on the early models it did have that going into the intake box. I beleive that there was some sort of service buliton or somthing about it, and they just capped it off and stopped doing, not sure what year though. Mine is a 95, and when i got it, it did not have the tube going all the way to the box, but it has a tube on the down pipe that comes up and turns that way, it has a cap on it, i'm sure that you can find some sort of cap with the correct treads that will fit just fine. Then you will not have exhaust fumes going every where. I hope this helps you out, if you have any more questions just ask.

Nick

95 RS
Energy suspention motor mount inserts
Custom CAI w/ K&N filter
AFX pulley
Magnaflow Muffler
f/r Upper strut bars
16X8 3000GT rims with 225/50's
RRE lower bar on order
Accel 8mm plug wires
nick95rs@yahoo.com
AIM: nick95rs

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-27-01 05:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1234, "Ah HAH!"
In response to Reply # 3

LAST EDITED ON 27-Apr-01 AT 10:46 AM (PST)

That was your pulsed secondary air injection. The recalled all the 95's and removed it. It should be capped off....

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

jltucsonApr-27-01 07:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
39 posts,
#1235, "RE: Ah HAH!"
In response to Reply # 4

OOOooooooooohh.... SO all this time till a week ago it was connected. Did it do anything bad? Its gone now..... But could it have been doing anything bad?

Thanks.

95ESiApr-27-01 07:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1236, "RE: Ah HAH!"
In response to Reply # 5

ACtually, you are referring to the crankcase breather. Just attach a catch can to it so that it won't make a mess when oil blows by.

right now I have mine venting to atmosphere...

Boost is GOOOOOOOD!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1230 Previous topic | Next topic