Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #119821
View in linear mode

Subject: " Short @ battery / hood" Previous topic | Next topic
C L U T C HFeb-24-07 06:14 AM
Member since Feb 19th 2007
79 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119821, " Short @ battery / hood"
Feb-24-07 06:15 AM by C L U T C H

Hello all of 2gnt, btw I'm new here. I live in Curacao. that's middle Caribean near venezuela. Anyways I bought a 95 Eclipse gs. The mitsubishi dealer here told me that they don't support this car, because they don't import it. I can't even find the right transaxle oil there. they want to sell me this crap 70w- 90w thing. but that's not the problem.

3 months ago My battery + pool shorted with my hood. My ground wire that is on the intake got on fire. I replaced it along with the pcm. After that my car started, but when the temperature get's around 3/4 of the middle my car stalls as in shut's off. If I start it again it goes beserk. Rpm goes up / down like crazy and won't idle. I even rebuilded the engine last month. If anyone can help I would apreciate it

I checked the harness and it seems to be ok

Sorry for the Bad English(btw i can use search :p , and in 3 months i used it allot, I think if there something about 420A on the internet, i've been there )

CLUTCH

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Short @ battery / hood, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-24-07 08:07 AM, #1
RE: Short @ battery / hood, C L U T C H, Feb-25-07 02:13 PM, #2
      RE: Short @ battery / hood, C L U T C H, Feb-27-07 04:03 PM, #3
           RE: Short @ battery / hood, RoninEclipse2G, Feb-28-07 08:43 AM, #4
                RE: Short @ battery / hood, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-28-07 09:36 AM, #5
                     RE: Short @ battery / hood, C L U T C H, Mar-02-07 01:20 AM, #6
                          RE: Short @ battery / hood, C L U T C H, Mar-04-07 12:29 PM, #7
                               RE: Short @ battery / hood, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-05-07 02:19 PM, #8
                                    RE: Short @ battery / hood, C L U T C H, Mar-16-07 09:07 AM, #9
                                         RE: Short @ battery / hood, mreigle, Mar-18-07 12:30 AM, #10
                                              RE: Short @ battery / hood, totaleclipse_05, Mar-18-07 04:08 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Short @ battery / hood, mreigle, Mar-18-07 04:26 AM, #12

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-24-07 08:07 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119822, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 0

You either have a short or a bad sensor. Since the dealer is no help and I bet you dont have access to a diagnostic scanner, you can try testing the IAC (WHEN ITS HOT). Test the coolant sensor hot as well, if it shorts when it gets too warm, it might be really confusing the ECU.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

C L U T C HFeb-25-07 02:13 PM
79 posts,
#119823, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 1

Ty for the reply, I'm gonna test the IAC sensor as soon i have a chance,
although my IAT and my coolant sensor are new, i read somewhere that those control my Fuel/air too.

My diagnostic tool says these codes

Ignition coil #2 primary circuit
Ignition coil #1 primary circuit

and misfire....

but works good when cold

i gave the coil to a friend , and he tested it for a week. It did'nt fail nor he didn't get any codes

Next thing i think I'm going to buy are the crank, cam combo sensor, but not sure yet

CLUTCH

C L U T C HFeb-27-07 04:03 PM
79 posts,
#119824, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 2
Feb-27-07 04:19 PM by C L U T C H

Well I tested it and it seems to work perfect. ( While HOT)

Can it be the computer inside the car, near the handbrake??(currently searching on that)

Do you guys think it could be my crank senor , since the rpm meter goes crazy?

or Any other suggestions?

CLUTCH

RoninEclipse2GFeb-28-07 08:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#119825, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 3

nah, that's the airbag computer, don't mess with it, don't worry about it, I've heard of people setting off airbags by playing with it

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-28-07 09:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#119826, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 4

95 2GNTs have a known ECU issue wherein the ground traces on the board itself begin to lift. The symptoms you describe are the same. You have have replaced a bad ecu with a bad ecu.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

C L U T C HMar-02-07 01:20 AM
79 posts,
#119827, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks again for the replies
me and my friend here exchanged PCM with each other and the car shuts off at the same temperature. any other suggestions

CLUTCH

C L U T C HMar-04-07 12:29 PM
79 posts,
#119828, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 6

Update: I used a meter to measure to voltage on the injectors. they work fine until the car gets to the normal temperature. at the normal temperature, the injectors of cylinder 1 and 4 stop's getting ground

<--I think that's a bad use of English right there . but w/e ( I will get my car working someday Muhahaha)

CLUTCH

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-05-07 02:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#119829, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 7

Since the ECU grounds the injectors, I'd say you have an ECU problem.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

C L U T C HMar-16-07 09:07 AM
79 posts,
#119830, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 8

thanks for the replies all, as i said i already changed the Ecu with a friend and had the same problems, but recently i changed the Crank angle sensor and car is working good now

CLUTCH

mreigleMar-18-07 12:30 AM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
426 posts,
#119831, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 9

I am not a pro by any means but if I am not mistaken there were two different ecu pinouts for the 95. You may have a later or earlier ecu needed for your car.

totaleclipse_05Mar-18-07 04:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#119832, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by mreigle
I am not a pro by any means but if I am not mistaken there were two different ecu pinouts for the 95. You may have a later or earlier ecu needed for your car.

Well he said he got his car running good now, so ECU wasn't the problem.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

mreigleMar-18-07 04:26 AM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
426 posts,
#119833, "RE: Short @ battery / hood"
In response to Reply # 11

I missed that post.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #119821 Previous topic | Next topic