Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #118055
View in linear mode

Subject: "new fuel filter keeps leaking" Previous topic | Next topic
susafussOct-03-07 12:49 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2005
200 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118055, "new fuel filter keeps leaking"

Not sure what the problem is but i go today to replace my old filter seeing that its and old pos and god only knows when/if it has ever been replaced.

But after install it keeps leaking from the rear(toward the back of the car rear). I made sure i have both brass washers in(both new) and yet it still leaks. I am wondering now if the pump is backwards(from the look of my repair manual it looks right)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

susafussOct-03-07 03:39 PM
200 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118056, "RE: new fuel filter keeps leaking"
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-03-07 03:39 PM by susafuss

still leaking and i tried a new filter and new brass rings, does anyone know how tight i need to make it.
I was thinking 22ftlbs but i can't get a torque wrench in there. And it is leaking like crazy from both ends now

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-03-07 03:45 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#118057, "RE: new fuel filter keeps leaking"
In response to Reply # 1

It should be pretty damn tight to the point it stops leaking. Make sure you dont have any flakes of rust on the sealing surfaces.

susafussOct-03-07 07:12 PM
200 posts,
#118058, "RE: new fuel filter keeps leaking"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-03-07 07:13 PM by susafuss

Thanks terry. I went back in after a recovery break, torqued the hell out of it and it fixed the leak. Damn i had no idea that thing had to be so tight:eek

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #118055 Previous topic | Next topic