Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117258
View in linear mode

Subject: "Recall stuff - and water pump question" Previous topic | Next topic
KahnFeb-16-01 07:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117258, "Recall stuff - and water pump question"

Hey guys, I just called my mitsu dealer and he gave me some shit about I don't know what you are talking about with the recall - that is fucking bullshit - it affects almost all the cars they sell - my god. So anyways I will pursue it in a few weeks again - after every goddamn news source has picked it up.

Also- when my timing belt was done - they did not do the water pump - I was not very knowledgeable about cars then- and did not ask nor was I advised to have it done. How much work is this - and how much should it cost. I believe that it is hidden in the same area as the timing belt but not driven by it right??? What should I do???

2003 VW GTI 1.8t.. I used to have a 95 Eclipse but well...water sucks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DSMLVRFeb-16-01 10:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
58 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117259, "RE: Recall stuff - and water pump question"
In response to Reply # 0

Goodmorning
First, on the recall. Let them get set up with it. AS USUAL, they are the last to find out. IF you have already had the lower ball joint work done and had to pay for it, wait a week or so and get ahold of Mitsu and see how you can get reimbursed for the work done. Make sure you have your VIN number and all the receipts for all the work and parts. I don't know who you call at Mitsu , but at Chrysler (for Talons,Avengers,& Sebrings), you can call 1-800-992-1997.
As far as the Water Pump -- It IS driven by the timing belt. If this is your first (60,000mile) belt change and the water pump was/is not leaking, I would not worry about it. If it is your second belt (100,000 + miles), just keep an eye on it. IF it starts leaking or squealing, fix it. IF NOT, Don't go back in, but make sure you change it the next belt.
GOOD LUCK

Rich Benner Jr
HPDustoff@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117258 Previous topic | Next topic