Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117254
View in linear mode

Subject: "Foglight screw problem...." Previous topic | Next topic
GSsportJan-22-01 09:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
109 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117254, "Foglight screw problem...."

Okay...well I had a PIAA foglight bulb burn out (lasted a year almost to the day) and ordered a new one. Well was trying to get the damn screw out that holds the foglight assembly to the foglight mounting bracket and I can't break the S.O.B. loose to save my life and the head of the screw is now striped...Any ideas how to get it out and what I should put back in. I was thinking of using bolts (the ones with the hex head and screw top) instead of the standard screw...Good idea??...And if anyone knows the size of the screw
off hand that would be wonderful...Thanks guys.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cyanJan-22-01 01:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117255, "RE: Foglight screw problem...."
In response to Reply # 0

i stripped two screws on my steering wheel and had to drill through them. if nothing else works you may just have to do that
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorsd_eclipseJan-22-01 01:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#117256, "RE: Foglight screw problem...."
In response to Reply # 0

remove all three of the mounting bolts. This way you can take out the entire mounting plate and the light in one piece. Instead of just the light assy. by removing the one screw. The bolt on the top of the light will be a PITA. just unscrew the adjustment screw completly and bend the light down a little to get to the bolt. once you have the mounting plate and the light out you can crimp down on the back side of the screw with a set of vice grips to loosen the screw. I had the same problem and stripped the hell out of the screw. I personally replaced the screw with bolts on both sides so i wouldn't have the same problem again.

GSsportJan-23-01 10:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
109 posts,
#117257, "RE: Foglight screw problem...."
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks a million....worked like a charm...now I'm back to full PIAA effect....and yet agian helped by someone in 2GNT...THANKS!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117254 Previous topic | Next topic