Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117222
View in linear mode

Subject: "Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?" Previous topic | Next topic
Tony M (Guest)Feb-05-01 04:25 PM

#117222, "Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?"

Someone asked me if the Eclipse short ram intakes are compatible with a 99 Avenger? I dont think they are but just wanna make sure? Is this correct?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?, 97_Rs_R, Feb-05-01 06:15 PM, #1
RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?, TeamStan2gnt, Feb-05-01 07:19 PM, #2
RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?, Armond30, Feb-07-01 07:41 AM, #3
RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?, RyaN95i4, Feb-07-01 07:30 PM, #4
      RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?, Armond30, Feb-08-01 05:25 PM, #5
           RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?, RyaN95i4, Feb-12-01 07:12 PM, #6

97_Rs_RFeb-05-01 06:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
65 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117223, "RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?"
In response to Reply # 0

If its a 420a 4cyl than yes its compatable if u look at an avenger from the doors up its almost the same car (only the front headlights hood and bumper are different) including the dash and all except the center con. hope this helps

"Do u have The Need For Speed?"
Christopher Skaggs
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Rs-R
http://www.97-rs-r.dsmpower.com/
yaroze_x@hotmail.com
ICQ# 98288840
aol# YarozeX

Mod's
Custom intake w/ K&N Filter Charger
NGK Bk-11 spark plugs
8.0mm Plug wires
2 12" Cerwin Vega Subs in a bandpass box
2 6 1/2 Alpine Speekers
Pioneer head unit
Painted dash trim
Carbon fiber bezel
Removed trunk interior
Clear marker lights
Xenon low beam bulbs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamStan2gntFeb-05-01 07:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117224, "RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?"
In response to Reply # 0

All the sebring/avenger owners (even some V6) use eclipse intakes, even the AEM cold air (not sure if they do any modifcation). There is an iceman made exclusively for those cars but the only difference is the last bend down near the filter.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Armond30Feb-07-01 07:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#117225, "RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?"
In response to Reply # 0

eclipse 420A intakes fit both the v6 and 4 cyl avenger with no more modification that it would take to fit on an eclipse. I have installed several on both models.

have fun!

RyaN95i4Feb-07-01 07:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#117226, "RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?"
In response to Reply # 3

LAST EDITED ON 08-Feb-01 AT 00:30 AM (PST)

Hey armond, hows the turbo project going, gotta keep me updated man!

anywho, yea the eclipse intakes will fit the i4 and v6 avengers. check out www.asog.net and www.clubasp.net

every avenger/sebring coupe guy, i4 OR v6, with an intake, ordered it for an eclipse (unless he/she got an iceman). they just dont make stuff specifically for the venge, luckily we're based on the same platform as you guys

RyaN95i-4
1995 Dodge Avenger i-4
1999 Mitsu Eclipse Sypder GS
avengr1995@aol.com
www.groundfloormotorsports.com
www.clubasp.net/phantom

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Armond30Feb-08-01 05:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#117227, "RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?"
In response to Reply # 4

I just got my water lines lined up today for my turbo, and hopefully I will be getting the cams soon. I still need to do some custom fiting for my fuel system, but it isn't done already because I am lazy (what can I say. it was 75 outside today! I had to drive hehehehe). I am getting my fuel rail and intake manifold polished now, then I will take them to be powder coated. should look pretty slick. I still have to run the Nitrous lines, but I will probably do that later on. no hurries. I am also looking at some more custom pieces......should be pretty interesting. I need to check and see if Dan sent me my sensors too! I almost forgot about them hehehehe.

have fun!

RyaN95i4Feb-12-01 07:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#117228, "RE: Eclipse/Avenger same intakes?"
In response to Reply # 5

man, that thing is gonna be sick. 1st venge in the 11s

www.groundfloormotorsports.com

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117222 Previous topic | Next topic