Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #115613
View in linear mode

Subject: "Gauge Wiring" Previous topic | Next topic
zwickyjMay-11-08 08:02 PM
Member since Aug 12th 2006
51 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115613, "Gauge Wiring"

I am looking to hook up 4 different gauges and possible 2 under the dash neon lights, I would like the lights to come on with the ignition on, but do not want to tap directly into the wire. I know I could use a relay which the source power would be given from a larger wire directly from the battery, but as far as the output from the relay can I hook all of my accessories up to the one relay?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Styles.May-12-08 03:30 AM
Member since May 05th 2007
59 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115614, "RE: Gauge Wiring"
In response to Reply # 0

4 gauges and 2 small neons should be fine on the 1 relay
You could also just pul the power from the fuse panel

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KnightHawk434thMay-20-08 05:56 PM
Member since May 14th 2007
149 posts,
#115615, "RE: Gauge Wiring"
In response to Reply # 1

That what i did for my gauge backlights and volt gauge. Just attached the positive wires to my cig lighter fuse and it all runs fine. Probably not the best way to do it, but it works for now until i blow my fuse. Doing alright and holding power though.

-Ben
Black 1999 RS

Basic mods and a South Bend OFE-SS Clutch
~150bhp.....for now!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #115613 Previous topic | Next topic