Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #113
View in linear mode

Subject: "AF/X vs. Unorthodox" Previous topic | Next topic
RazApr-02-01 10:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113, "AF/X vs. Unorthodox"

I'm trying to decide which under drive pulley to get. Any comments either good or bad about AF/X or Unothodox Racing would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: AF/X vs. Unorthodox, fly1, Apr-02-01 12:15 PM, #1
RE: AF/X vs. Unorthodox, klipzracer, Apr-02-01 12:52 PM, #2
Unorthodox..., Skrilla, Apr-02-01 12:55 PM, #3
      RE: Unorthodox..., TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-03-01 02:04 AM, #4
           RE: Unorthodox..., Raz, Apr-03-01 07:44 AM, #5
                RE: Unorthodox..., TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-03-01 08:10 AM, #6
                     Unorthodox..., Skrilla, Apr-03-01 08:30 AM, #7
                          RE: Unorthodox..., HadesOmega, Apr-03-01 08:08 PM, #8
                               RE: Unorthodox..., Pinoy97GS, Apr-04-01 01:31 AM, #9
                                    RE: Unorthodox..., TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-04-01 01:41 AM, #10
                                         RE: Unorthodox..., Pinoy97GS, Apr-08-01 07:34 AM, #14
RE: AF/X vs. Unorthodox, madregal, Apr-04-01 04:12 AM, #11
Howell dist. the AFX, Skrilla, Apr-04-01 05:26 AM, #12
      RE: Howell dist. the AFX, madregal, Apr-04-01 08:25 AM, #13

fly1Apr-02-01 12:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114, "RE: AF/X vs. Unorthodox"
In response to Reply # 0

Performance wise, the AF/X piece really works, BUT mine makes a "tinny", vibrational sound. It drives me nuts; it makes my car sound like a POS. I haven't heard too much of Unorthodox's though.

~fly1
http://fastgs.homestead.com/fastgs.html

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

klipzracerApr-02-01 12:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115, "RE: AF/X vs. Unorthodox"
In response to Reply # 1

i heard the AFX is lighter which = more horseys!

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Life is short, rev hard!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

SkrillaApr-02-01 12:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#116, "Unorthodox..."
In response to Reply # 1

...is good but doesn't provide the power the AFX does. The unorthodox will underdrive 30% but weighs more. So get the AFX and some PREMIUM belts

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

TeamMichael_97RSApr-03-01 02:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#117, "RE: Unorthodox..."
In response to Reply # 3

Skrilla, did unorthodox change their design? I thought they were 20% underdrive?

I love my AF/X pulley. I don't get any of the sounds you guys notice, my belts don't squeal, I don't hear any tinny noise. I love it!

Are you guys sure your pulley went are perfectly straight. If it didn't I could some of these problems occuring??? Just a thought???

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

RazApr-03-01 07:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
24 posts,
#118, "RE: Unorthodox..."
In response to Reply # 4

If you go to unorthodox's website, on a similar 2.0 engine(Neon) the unorthodox produced 8.2hp at the wheels. Did anybody have their car on a dyno before, then after the AF/X was put on? If not, any guesstimates as to how much hp the AF/X produces.

TeamMichael_97RSApr-03-01 08:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#119, "RE: Unorthodox..."
In response to Reply # 5

I didn't dyno, but if I remember right AF/X gave 11hp at peak extra. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

SkrillaApr-03-01 08:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#120, "Unorthodox..."
In response to Reply # 6

has one that is 20% and a brand new one (I think they call it the 2nd gen) that is at 30%. The AF/X on the Neons have 11@wheelHP and ours is lighter than their so we would gain at least 12HP@THEWHEELS or more.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!

HadesOmegaApr-03-01 08:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#121, "RE: Unorthodox..."
In response to Reply # 7

I remember that it was 20% underdrive for the Unorthodox and 30% for the AFX. I got an AFX, I don't really notice the horseys anymore cuz I guess I got used to it, but it made my car more responsive and should make your engine last longer. I had problems with my belts squeking apparently on my particular eclipse the belt was too big so I bought one that was smaller. Well I'd suggest getting the AFX...

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Pinoy97GSApr-04-01 01:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
24 posts,
#122, "RE: Unorthodox..."
In response to Reply # 8

Does AFX have a website about their pulleys?

TeamMichael_97RSApr-04-01 01:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#123, "RE: Unorthodox..."
In response to Reply # 9

http://www.afxmfg.com

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:

Pinoy97GSApr-08-01 07:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
24 posts,
#124, "RE: Unorthodox..."
In response to Reply # 10

Thanks, Mike...

madregalApr-04-01 04:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
#125, "RE: AF/X vs. Unorthodox"
In response to Reply # 0

now how does howell measure up?

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

SkrillaApr-04-01 05:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#126, "Howell dist. the AFX"
In response to Reply # 11

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by etx

madregalApr-04-01 08:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
#127, "RE: Howell dist. the AFX"
In response to Reply # 12

DUH. thanks for setting me straight.

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #113 Previous topic | Next topic