Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110690
View in linear mode

Subject: "check Engine light and battery light "on" Help" Previous topic | Next topic
MWCJan-04-01 09:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110690, "check Engine light and battery light "on" Help"

Hey I just had my S-AFC and my MSD-DIS2 installed and the shop that did the install said that my car would not start when the went to install the stuff, so they had to jump start it. I beleive them cause I noticed that morning that my starter sounded real bad. Barely turning over and grinding a couple of times before it started. Now my car is ready to be picked up, but they are telling me my battery light and my Check Eng light is now on. The guy tells me the car is running perfect and that as far as the engine and wiring goes it is fine, but thinks it is the Alternator. If it turns out that my Alternator is bad, should or will the check engine light come on? If not will the S-AFC and MSD wirering cause the ECU to send this signal? Because there were NO lights on when I dropped this car off. Now I have two on. Thanks guy's
SEE YA!!!!!!!!MWC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-04-01 12:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110691, "Get the battery checked."
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds like what happened to mine a while back. At first it got hard to start, then wouldn't start at all. I started getting a check engine light as well as a battery light, so i thought my alternator was going out. Come to find out, once i had everything checked at wallymart, my battery had a dead cell. Get your checked. Likely, it's just the battery.

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MWCJan-04-01 01:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#110692, "RE: Get the battery checked."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks bro!
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!MWC
P.S how is the turbo project going? did you work the bugs out yet?

DSMLVRJan-04-01 11:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
58 posts,
#110693, "RE: Get the battery checked."
In response to Reply # 2

YES< LOTS of problems with batteries these days. It can not only cause starting problems, but a low (defective) battery can cause many other problems with performance also.

jZaJan-05-01 02:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#110694, "RE: Get the battery checked."
In response to Reply # 3

agreed, dap should do it free 4u. You may also have an open circuit that don't turn off(had this problem me self once and it killed the batter )

i think i still have one actually cause if i don't use my car for like 3-4days it would be dead, but i've got a battery buddy so i'm straight

javi d
vroom n' boom
bone-stock dsm performance

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110690 Previous topic | Next topic