Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110665
View in linear mode

Subject: "Got my new Exhaust on..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TJan-13-01 11:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110665, "Got my new Exhaust on..."

Well,

I've sort of pieced together my new exhaust taking a few pages out of Corbin's setup. The only place where I went different is in the muffler part of it. It's making a difference I don't like either. It's just too droney at low rpm's It growls nice and really helps the turbo move at high rpm's (wow!), but the droning is too loud for me at lower rpms. So I'm going to have to get a new muffler. It's a dual muffelr type and looks REAL mean. I'll be sort of sad to part with it, but I just don't think I'll be able to take this sound.

Although I do have the 2.5 mandrel bent piping now and a cherry bomb glasspack acting as the resonator as opposed to the pascetter resonator. Oh well, try, try again.

Please feel free to post any advice anyone has as to a 2.5" inlet good performing, non-droning some-what quiet (especially at low rpm's) muffler. I love the growl at higher rpm's, I just don't want droning at 20 mph.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJasonESi_TJan-19-01 10:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110666, "RE: Got my new Muffler on..."
In response to Reply # 0

Well, I'm much happier now.

I needed a new muffler besides the one I had on because it had not passed the "wife test." Taking the advice of Shant (Turbo'ed avenger), I bought a dual DTM Arospeed muffler to put on the end of my 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust piping.

Results:

Wonderful. The car has better perfromance than before. It retains more vacuum than it did before and I didn't lose any noticeable high-end. The sound is sooooooooo much better. I still have the growling that I liked but all the internal noise/drone/vibration is now gone.(I think it'll pass that "wife test" no problem now) I can now control my noise through throttel pressure as I wanted before. I'm much happier. Plus, I think this muffler looks better on my Talon as it stays more in line with the styling cues.

Thanks Shant! I'll post some pics real soon!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110665 Previous topic | Next topic