Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1093
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?" Previous topic | Next topic
TrishasTalonApr-24-01 04:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
284 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1093, "Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?"

some are near the center console and some under the hood am I mistaken or not...
Trisha
TrishasTalon@msn.com
http://communities.msn.com/AStreetRacersDream

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?, TeamMuRiX, Apr-24-01 04:38 AM, #1
RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?, TrishasTalon, Apr-24-01 04:54 AM, #2
      RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?, cyan, Apr-24-01 05:33 AM, #3
           RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?, TrishasTalon, Apr-24-01 05:41 AM, #4
                RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?, RAIZIN, Apr-24-01 07:51 AM, #5
                RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?, TeamAvenger, Apr-24-01 07:56 AM, #6
                     RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?, HadesOmega, Apr-24-01 05:33 PM, #7
                          RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?, Team96NOS_Eclipse, Apr-24-01 07:22 PM, #8
                               RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?, TeamAvenger, Apr-25-01 01:42 AM, #9
                                    RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?, Team96NOS_Eclipse, Apr-25-01 03:12 AM, #10
                                    Actually there is a difference..., Skrilla, Apr-25-01 11:02 AM, #11

TeamMuRiXApr-24-01 04:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1094, "RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?"
In response to Reply # 0

Under the hood on the drivers side in the front right next to the intake.

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TrishasTalonApr-24-01 04:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
284 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1095, "RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?"
In response to Reply # 1

ok.. cause i took it out yesterday.. and then i got to tmo.com and they say itss under the dash
Trisha
TrishasTalon@msn.com

cyanApr-24-01 05:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1096, "RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?"
In response to Reply # 2

under the dash? tell them your not supposed to snort the crack, but smoke it. the only thing inside the car thatis under anything else is the ECU for the airbags but its under the center console, not the dash

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

TrishasTalonApr-24-01 05:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
284 posts,
#1097, "RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?"
In response to Reply # 3

How to Check the Second Generation DSM ECU for an EPROM
Locate the ECU. Figure 1 shows the ECU in the center console, underneath the radio. Note that this figure has a slight error - the ECU actually stands vertically. Figure 2 shows this fact (your view might be slightly different depending upon stereo equipment options installed). To get to the Figure 2 view, you will have to remove the center console carpeted kick panels from both the driver and passenger sides.

Trisha
TrishasTalon@msn.com

RAIZINApr-24-01 07:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
#1098, "RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?"
In response to Reply # 4

That's where the turbo model ecu's are located..

TeamAvengerApr-24-01 07:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1099, "RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?"
In response to Reply # 4

The PCM is located in the engine bay ... that's where you end up wiring stuff up to (all the faqs use that). There is a another module under the dash (behind the cetner console all the way back to the firewall it's like behind the stereo but all the way to the back) ... don't know what the hell that does ... I'm guessing that's the one that you are talking about ... the Chilton's calls that the ECU but heck if I know. When I wired up my afc + guages I used the PCM ... the one in the engine bay.

In the turbo 2g DSMs the ECU is under the dash ... everyone always assumes a DSM is turbo DSM ... but in the NT the thing that matters is the one in the engine bay ...

-Avenger
99 Eclipse RS

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

HadesOmegaApr-24-01 05:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1100, "RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?"
In response to Reply # 6

Yes he's right there are two units, I don't know what the one inside the car does though. There is another computer for the airbag in the center console. Hehe don't kick that...

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | and 1 highly skilled driver |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Team96NOS_EclipseApr-24-01 07:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
294 posts,
#1101, "RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?"
In response to Reply # 7

Umm why are you checking if it is EPROM or not? I don't think the N/T's have both, only the turbo models do. Also TMO's mods as far as I know aren't for the N/T's.

Michelle
96 Eclipse Base Model
Best 14.6@93 w/60 shot

1997 Eclipse RS
1991 Eclipse GSX
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 turbo
(tinker car)
1996 Eclipse base model RIP

TeamAvengerApr-25-01 01:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1102, "RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?"
In response to Reply # 8

She's right tmo.com only does turbo stuff. They're looking for people to test stuff out on for their NT ecu mods but nothing is out.

If you're looking for an new ECU/PCM I would definitely (I'd hate to say this) go to satan. Their are no aftermarket ECU/PCM on the market for us that are worth a damn so just get the factory.

What's wrong with your ECU/PCM? Oh, anyone field this question but the thing under the hood is the PCM (Powertrain Control Module), right? And are the phrases ECU and PCM interchangeable?

-Avenger
99 Eclipse RS

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Team96NOS_EclipseApr-25-01 03:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
294 posts,
#1103, "RE: Stupid Question, but Where is my ECU located?"
In response to Reply # 9

Pretty much, there is also a TCU (tranny computer, auto only)

Michelle
96 Eclipse Base Model
Best 14.6@93 w/60 shot

1997 Eclipse RS
1991 Eclipse GSX
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 turbo
(tinker car)
1996 Eclipse base model RIP

SkrillaApr-25-01 11:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1104, "Actually there is a difference..."
In response to Reply # 9

...ECU's (mostly) have many more responsibilites such as tranny control(auto), sometimes, electronic A/C engagement and well as map settings and powertrain control. They also have other safety features. Our PCMs are simpler but no one has taken the time to hack ours yet. I would say get the AFX and mate it(VERY POSSIBLE) but I don't know what is needed, such as the Neon PCM AND the AFX Computer. Our car's brain mostly just handle the the powertrain and other subtle electronics. We have many smaller circuits and processors that handle other responsibilites(for ex: tranny, airbags, mobile electricity)

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1093 Previous topic | Next topic