Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108509
View in linear mode

Subject: "motor swap in a 99rs" Previous topic | Next topic
saint_chrisApr-27-08 09:30 AM
Member since Apr 27th 2008
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108509, "motor swap in a 99rs"

Whats the best swap to do into a 99 eclipse rs Sorry I dont really know this site much Im new to it so if you couls email me or post to me thatd be great.... I need to knw the motor the year and model of car it comes from and what i would need to do it...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: motor swap in a 99rs, foggy45, Apr-27-08 10:36 AM, #1
RE: motor swap in a 99rs, alain95i4, Apr-28-08 04:23 AM, #4
      RE: motor swap in a 99rs, foggy45, Apr-28-08 10:44 AM, #5
RE: motor swap in a 99rs, Fallen4ng31, Apr-27-08 03:06 PM, #2
RE: motor swap in a 99rs, ligerzero, Apr-28-08 01:22 AM, #3
RE: motor swap, dkclipse, May-07-08 07:15 AM, #6
      RE: motor swap, RoninEclipse2G, May-07-08 07:18 AM, #7
      RE: motor swap, 2GeclipseRS, May-20-08 10:57 AM, #8
           RE: motor swap, RoninEclipse2G, May-20-08 11:19 AM, #9

foggy45Apr-27-08 10:36 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108510, "RE: motor swap in a 99rs"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-27-08 10:55 AM by foggy45

either build out your 2.0 with forged internals and good cams

or

a 2.4L swap
(You need a 2.4 EDZ I-4 from a 95-02 year "Cloud car" ie Dodge Stratus, Chrysler Cirrus and Plymouth Breeze. blocks from Caravans, Sebrings, and Voyagers will work too)

those are proven builds and i would stick to those unless you have deep pockes, lots of time, and a bunch of automotive experence
or a flair for the unique

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

alain95i4Apr-28-08 04:23 AM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#108518, "RE: motor swap in a 99rs"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by foggy45
either build out your 2.0 with forged internals and good cams or a 2.4L swap (You need a 2.4 EDZ I-4 from a 95-02 year "Cloud car" ie Dodge Stratus, Chrysler Cirrus and Plymouth Breeze. blocks from Caravans, Sebrings, and Voyagers will work too) those are proven builds and i would stick to those unless you have deep pockes, lots of time, and a bunch of automotive experence or a flair for the unique

and swapping a 2.4 is not a direct drop in job you need to build your engine first with a few custom made parts

sorry kid but your car is not a honda

one of the 2.4 true pionners

foggy45Apr-28-08 10:44 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#108521, "RE: motor swap in a 99rs"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by alain95i4
swapping a 2.4 is not a direct drop in job you need to build your engine first with a few custom made parts

lol forgot to mention that part, thanks Alain
the only true "Drop in bolt up" engine swap is to swap in a built 2.0 block.
EVERYTHING else requires custom parts and other modifications

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Fallen4ng31Apr-27-08 03:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#108511, "RE: motor swap in a 99rs"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by saint_chris
Whats the best swap to do into a 99 eclipse rs Sorry I dont really know this site much Im new to it so if you couls email me or post to me thatd be great.... I need to knw the motor the year and model of car it comes from and what i would need to do it...

A Chevy LS6 will bolt right in.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

ligerzeroApr-28-08 01:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
12 posts,
#108517, "RE: motor swap in a 99rs"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by saint_chris

If you pull your motor and plan on putting it back in.. *MARK EVERYTHING* BOLTS BOLTS BOLTS! I wish I would have spent more time marking stuff. I got lazy and after bagging half the bolts I figured "ehh I'll remember"... bullshit I forgot and it has been quite the pain in the ass.

dkclipseMay-07-08 07:15 AM
Member since May 07th 2008
1 posts,
#108591, "RE: motor swap"
In response to Reply # 3

Does anyone know if i can put a 420a in a 98 mirage?Im new to this forum and i coudn't find where to post this.

RoninEclipse2GMay-07-08 07:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#108592, "RE: motor swap"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by dkclipse
Does anyone know if i can put a 420a in a 98 mirage?Im new to this forum and i coudn't find where to post this.

why?

probably not, everything is completely different. you'd have better luck swapping in an evo drivetrain.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

2GeclipseRSMay-20-08 10:57 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#108723, "RE: motor swap"
In response to Reply # 6

You could but evos are cooler.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

RoninEclipse2GMay-20-08 11:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#108724, "RE: motor swap"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
You could but evos are cooler.

I was thinking EVO IV-VI conversion

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108509 Previous topic | Next topic