Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1066
View in linear mode

Subject: "Chilton says... about AFX UDP" Previous topic | Next topic
alexriesApr-23-01 05:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1066, "Chilton says... about AFX UDP"

I just got the Chilton manual on how to destroy, I mean dismantle your Eclipse and I was flipping through to see what projects I might take on myself. Anyhow it tells you how to remove the stock crankshaft pulley. First it tells you to disconnect battery (of course), then it says "remove the engine undercover", got it. Then, raise the engine to take the stress off the side motor mount, then >REMOVE< the mount bracket. Then later in the re-install section it says >IF< removed, install the engine mount bracket.

So now I'm more confused than ever, do I need to lower or raise the engine? If the mount is removed won't that drop the engine pretty far? Based on the pics in the book, after removing the engine undercover, you can see 90% off the pulley, so why lower it?

ANYONE who has installed the AFX UDP or any UDP, please help, we need detailed instructions on how to install a UDP posted somewhere. For such a good upgrade I'm confused as to why no one has made good instructions for this yet.

Thanks, ahead of time

Coo'
1997 RS
AEM Cold Air Intake
Trust Shift Knob
Trust EVO Exhaust
AutoMeter A/F Ratio Gauge
'tis it

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TommyboyApr-23-01 05:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
223 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1067, "RE: Chilton says... about AFX UDP"
In response to Reply # 0

the transmission mount will still hold the engine it will go down but it won't hit the ground.You have to lower the engine because the pulley puller won't go on and plus the pulley has a long way out and It won't completly come out unless the engine is down a little bit()

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

XT_DSMApr-23-01 05:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#1068, "RE: Chilton says... about AFX UDP"
In response to Reply # 1

http://members.home.net/xtatdsm

Tommyboy got it right, you will need to take your engine mount off and lower your engine inorder to get the old pully out and get the new one in.

Adel

dCHOSENbApr-23-01 10:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4 posts,
#1069, "RE: Chilton says... about AFX UDP"
In response to Reply # 1

Sorry this is off topic, but dude... get a fiberglass hood and door scoops and you are the spittin image of the yellow hotwheels "sho-stopper"...

ModeratorjuanApr-24-01 05:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#1070, "Warning - when lowering engine..."
In response to Reply # 0

If you are using a floor jack on the oil pan, make sure you put a board or something between them. The small diameter of the floor jack will apply too much pressure to the bottom of the pan, possibly denting it. If you mess up the oil pickup, you can kill your engine.

juan

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1066 Previous topic | Next topic