Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #10608
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help my mechanic mess up my engine more" Previous topic | Next topic
pn0ymahalDec-20-01 05:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10608, "Help my mechanic mess up my engine more"

well i got my car back tonight but got some probs. recently my valves went bad i had low compression in cylinder #1 so my mechanic had to replace i think 3-4 valves. so my mechanic had to remove my engine etc. i got it back tonight and this is what the obII labtop said after ...
also the car at idle on my boost gauge says 10 now but before with no problems it was at 15, also at idle is sorta misfires and hesitates while driving like sometimes it has no power or the rpm goes really low like it wants to die.
labtop results=
Domain- Powertrain Manufactuer
Title- Ignition System or misfire Specific
code = P1390
emission-related
also it said on my other program
P1390- Unknown
Check Mfg Manuals??? what is it talking about this does not sound good
some extra info if it may help.
fuel trim short bank 1 = -10.0 to -13.3 about
fuel trim long bank= -25 and its a straight line for this trim
t.p.=14.9
volts bank one goes normal up and down within
but sensor 2 its just straight in the middle is this correct?
i have no idle what it could be btw remember my mechanic removed the engine or whatever to get to the valves etc.
thanks
Michael 99gs- hrc stage 2

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

pn0ymahalDec-20-01 05:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10609, "more info about problems"
In response to Reply # 0

i notice a very rich af, sometimes at idle its at .92-.96 and if i just give it some gas it gives me sometimes a very rich reading? also i was checking my map voltage on my mutimeter and its only giving me now 3.4v while in boost.
thats all i can find out for now
Michael

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FunRSDec-21-01 10:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#10610, "RE: Help my mechanic mess up my engine more"
In response to Reply # 0

What program are you running. Any way look the code up the book says the timming belt is off by one tooth or more. that would explain the lag in performance.
Sean Heffernan

99 RS AEM Coldair intake
18x7 somethings
Phantom Tach W/Shift Light
A/F gauge
Kenwood KVT-512
Boston Acustic 6.5 up front& Fosgate 6.5 in back Alpine AMP MRV-F302 Pionner XM satellite radio
NX wet 50 shoot

PowerEclipsesDec-21-01 11:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#10611, "RE: Help my mechanic mess up my engine more"
In response to Reply # 2

take it back and tell them to fix it or take it somewhere else and sue them for the money they charged you and the money it took to fix it right hehe the american way

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #10608 Previous topic | Next topic