Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #102821
View in linear mode

Subject: "Zeitronix Install ?" Previous topic | Next topic
Slo2gJan-25-07 04:38 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102821, "Zeitronix Install ?"

I am getting ready to install my Zeitronix and had a few questions on it. I have an alarm with remote start but I haven't bypassed the clutch sensor, I just want the turbo timer option that it has. I can just tap into the normal power of the car because of the remote start/timer on the alarm right? Another question is where did you guys install the harness? Did you extend the wires to the engine bay or did you make all the connections in the cab? Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

WickedESiJan-27-07 03:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102859, "RE: Zeitronix Install ?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-27-07 03:28 AM by WickedESi

If you're alarm has an engine kill relay, you will need to tap your turbo timer's ign power around it.

Clutch switch does not matter since the car will already be running when your turbo timer keeps it going.

I zip tied my wideband controller around my shifter cables underneith the center console, near the firewall (don't crank down on the zip ties, you wouldn't want it to effect your shifting, lol). You'll have to extend all of the wires on the harness regardless (unless they changed the harness length on the newer Zeitronix controllers w/ the turbo timer function).

P.S. I'd solder all your WB controller connections, and make sure you have a solid ground at the same place your engine managment is gounded.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorcs82685Jan-27-07 03:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#102860, "RE: Zeitronix Install ?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Slo2g
I can just tap into the normal power of the car because of the remote start/timer on the alarm right?

Is this in reference to the zeitronix? Sorry I'm a little confused if you're asking about the alarm or the wb.

Another question is where did you guys install the harness? Did you extend the wires to the engine bay or did you make all the connections in the cab? Thanks.

I have harness and controller located in my glove box. It seems a lot of people hide them under their center console like mentioned above. I extended the wires into the engine bay and soldered in at the ECU just because everything is right there and easy to find.

For some pics and info:
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Zeitronix%20Wideband%20Install

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Slo2gJan-27-07 08:29 AM
1074 posts,
#102867, "RE: Zeitronix Install ?"
In response to Reply # 2

I don't have a turbo timer but I have an alarm that has that feature on it. I was asking if I could just tap the zeitronix into that so the sensors would still be powered because the alarm/remote start/turbo timer. It keeps acc. because thats house you turn the heat or ac on with the remote start. I just don't want to leave the sensors in the exhaust with no power because it will damage them, correct?

Slo2gJan-27-07 06:03 PM
1074 posts,
#102881, "RE: Zeitronix Install ?"
In response to Reply # 3

I don't have a turbo timer but I have an alarm that has that feature on it. I was asking if I could just tap the zeitronix into that so the sensors would still be powered because the alarm/remote start/turbo timer. It keeps acc. because thats how you turn the heat or ac on with the remote start. I just don't want to leave the sensors in the exhaust with no power because it will damage them, correct?

Main question- If I tap into a normal acc. power it will continue to provide the sensors power if the alarm still gives acc. power when in the "turbo timer" mode? Sorry for the confusion, I was writing it at work earlier today.

cougar694uJan-29-07 10:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#102891, "RE: Zeitronix Install ?"
In response to Reply # 4

As long as your accessories are powered on, and you tap into that power source, yes, the zeitronix will remain powered until the accessories turn off.

And like mentioned above, make sure you have a good solid ground and power wire. Mine started acting funny randomly and I thought the box was dying, but it was just a ground that I thought was good, wasn't so good.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #102821 Previous topic | Next topic