Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #95945
View in linear mode

Subject: " Would this puller work" Previous topic | Next topic
98VengeI4Jan-24-06 03:34 PM
Member since Mar 10th 2002
282 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95945, " Would this puller work"

I just broke one of my old 3 jaw pullers. Just wondered if this is the right one to get the harmonic damper pulley off?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrysler-Harmonic-Balancer-Puller-GM-Damper-Pulleys_W0QQitemZ4607154223QQcategoryZ43996QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

-Nate
All-Motor Buildup on the way

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Would this puller work, djtrickee, Jan-24-06 07:13 PM, #1
RE: Would this puller work, bahhaha, Jan-26-06 09:27 AM, #2
      RE: Would this puller work, Keith2172, Jan-26-06 09:34 AM, #3
           RE: Would this puller work, 98VengeI4, Jan-26-06 01:56 PM, #4
                RE: Would this puller work, Keith2172, Jan-26-06 02:39 PM, #5
                     RE: Would this puller work, 98VengeI4, Jan-27-06 03:29 AM, #6
                     RE: Would this puller work, 98VengeI4, Feb-02-06 01:49 PM, #7
                          RE: Would this puller work, 98VengeI4, Feb-03-06 09:27 AM, #8
                               RE: Would this puller work, 420Adebt, Feb-03-06 04:13 PM, #9
                                    RE: Would this puller work, 98VengeI4, Feb-04-06 06:56 AM, #10
                                    RE: Would this puller work, 420Adebt, Feb-04-06 11:53 AM, #11
                                         RE: Would this puller work, 98VengeI4, Feb-05-06 05:23 AM, #12
                                    RE: Would this puller work, spooled420, Nov-06-07 05:29 PM, #13

djtrickeeJan-24-06 07:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95950, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 0

yes.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bahhahaJan-26-06 09:27 AM
Member since Jan 20th 2006
58 posts,
#95985, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 1

should do the trick, but would be hard to return it doesn't fit.

Keith2172Jan-26-06 09:34 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#95986, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 2

Do you live near a 'Harbor Freight'? Just about any three pronged 'grab' style puller should work, I pulled mine off with a puller from a $12 set that I bought 'Harbor Freight'. If you've got any type of el cheapo tool houses you should be able to find one. A big help for you would be if you could find a bolt exactly like the one holding the harmonic balancer on right now, but about 3/4" longer, then you'll have something to push against with the puller, and something to help you pull the harmonic balancer back on when you reinstall.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

98VengeI4Jan-26-06 01:56 PM
282 posts,
#95999, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 3
Jan-26-06 02:05 PM by 98VengeI4

Originally posted by Keith2172
Do you live near a 'Harbor Freight'? Just about any three pronged 'grab' style puller should work, I pulled mine off with a puller from a $12 set that I bought 'Harbor Freight'. If you've got any type of el cheapo tool houses you should be able to find one. A big help for you would be if you could find a bolt exactly like the one holding the harmonic balancer on right now, but about 3/4" longer, then you'll have something to push against with the puller, and something to help you pull the harmonic balancer back on when you reinstall.

Funny you should mention that. I bought a set of 4 at Harbor Freight like 2 or 3 years ago. They all have little things that look kind of like a top at the on end opposite the spider end of the bolt. You also couldn't take the bolts out of them. My smallest one I had would not even fit inside the pulley hole. It broke when I was using the electric impact I just got for the motor mount bolts on it. A whopping 240 ft/lbs of torque.

-Nate

Keith2172Jan-26-06 02:39 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#96005, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 4

make sure you are pushing against a bolt, and not the pulley itself. I only say such a dumb thing because I did that

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

98VengeI4Jan-27-06 03:29 AM
282 posts,
#96011, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 5

make sure you are pushing against a bolt, and not the pulley itself. I only say such a dumb thing because I did that

I still have an old stocker from my avenger when I had my UDP on so I have a spare just incase... I would rather just get another UDP though before I need to put the stocker on. It is worth the 140 or so dollars.

-Nate

98VengeI4Feb-02-06 01:49 PM
282 posts,
#96151, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 5

I didn't even think about that. I was trying to push the top thing into the hole. I should have just tried putting the bolt back in some. Oh well, the new one should be here any day now.

-Nate

98VengeI4Feb-03-06 09:27 AM
282 posts,
#96167, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 7
Feb-03-06 09:27 AM by 98VengeI4

I just got the pulley off so in case anyone is wondering, yes it works great.

-Nate

420AdebtFeb-03-06 04:13 PM
Member since Jun 20th 2005
257 posts,
#96173, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 8

that is the exact pullee for our cars. It works better than any puller I've ever used. It is made for Chrysler engines and is the same puller if you cross reference the one that the chiltons manual says. Also it is the same puller satan uses if I'm not mistakened.

98VengeI4Feb-04-06 06:56 AM
282 posts,
#96183, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 9
Feb-04-06 06:59 AM by 98VengeI4

Well, at about Midnight last night we finally yanked the head off of it.

Quick question, how is the inner timing belt cover held on? I took the idler pulley off so we could clear the head but we could not get the whole inner belt cover off. I took the screws out of it too.

-Nate

420AdebtFeb-04-06 11:53 AM
Member since Jun 20th 2005
257 posts,
#96192, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 10

well if by inner you mean the one that is bolted to the block. You have to take the timing pulleys off and all that good stuff to get it off.. what exactly are you trying to do anyways?

98VengeI4Feb-05-06 05:23 AM
282 posts,
#96200, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 11
Feb-05-06 06:02 AM by 98VengeI4

I had to take the head off of it, when I was trying to check my compression, the little adapter that screws on to the hose must not have been tight. It came off all the way at the bottom of the spark plug well, so I had to take the head off. We got the head off, just have the inner timing belt cover that is still on there. We took off the cam gears and cams, bolts, the idler pulley and the tensioner, not the tensioner pulley because we were able to take the head out with it still on. Is that all we need to take off yet to get the inner cover off?

I just wish I actually had the time and money to rebuild it now, but it needs to be inspected by the end of this month and I still can't afford to order half of the parts until 2 weeks from now because I won't get paid again until then.

-Nate

spooled420Nov-06-07 05:29 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2007
204 posts,
#106778, "RE: Would this puller work"
In response to Reply # 9

Also it is the same puller satan uses if I'm not mistakened.
no...that would be the "pully"haha

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #95945 Previous topic | Next topic