Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #93562
View in linear mode

Subject: "Car up and running, but I have a few questions" Previous topic | Next topic
95greenhrcgsOct-03-05 02:03 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93562, "Car up and running, but I have a few questions"

Put a new head on my car, after a valve bending spree.

Can a clogged catalytic converter cause poor idle? I know that I got VERY poor acceleration outta the car, and it would not boost past 2-3psi. Tried adjusting the fuel pressure to no avail. Vac is reading @ 10 which is bad, but as far as I can tell, there are no leaks.

BTW the cat was glowing red hot, but made no horrible smell.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

slowmitsuOct-04-05 07:44 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93589, "RE: Car up and running, but I have a few questions"
In response to Reply # 0

The fact that your cat is so hot would indicate that but I can't vouch for the idle problem. I once had an old truck with a plugged cat that got super hot and killed acceleration. This is a good chance to gut it and buy a spare hi-flow unit for easy swapping.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #93562 Previous topic | Next topic