Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #90935
View in linear mode

Subject: "Yet Another Total Seal post" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTJun-26-05 02:05 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90935, "Yet Another Total Seal post"

I am getting different comments about my compression numbers with the total seals.
I just got back from doing another comp test on them and this is what i got after exactly 457 miles on the rebuilt motor

185-180-180-180

now, some people i talk to on AIM so thats shitty and others say its good for total seals with the amount of mileage thats on them.
I think the numbers seem okay but i was just gonna post to see what others thought as well. remember, i only 457 miles on them and i AM still using the PCV valve.
whats others #'s at around this mileage?
i seen others were around the 200-210 area at 1000-1500 mileage range, but like i said above, just trying to see someone elses numbers around this mileage.
im also using the 8.6 JE pistons.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Jun-26-05 02:13 PM, #1
RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-26-05 02:54 PM, #2
      RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, tim97rs, Jun-26-05 03:36 PM, #3
           RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-26-05 04:06 PM, #4
                RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, grain, Jun-26-05 05:20 PM, #5
                     RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, DJ420a, Jun-26-05 05:41 PM, #6
                          RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, RxR_Eclipse, Jun-26-05 06:41 PM, #7
                               RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, freddy_00_69, Jun-27-05 12:15 PM, #8
                                    RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, thedawg, Jun-30-05 05:53 AM, #9
                                         RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, freddy_00_69, Jun-30-05 03:59 PM, #10
                                              RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, Kaoz78, Jul-04-05 03:04 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Yet Another Total Seal post, freddy_00_69, Jul-04-05 04:19 AM, #12

BOOSTED ECLIPSEJun-26-05 02:13 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90939, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 0

Mike, I have Total Seal rings too. I'm also running 8.6:1 JE pistons and the last time I check my compression it was running 185 psi on all cylinders. I think your numbers are fine.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTJun-26-05 02:54 PM
6314 posts,
#90942, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 1

scwheetness!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

tim97rsJun-26-05 03:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#90945, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 2

yea, with the low comp pistons, those are fine numbers. thats what i am getting on mine...

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

eclipse982nrRSTJun-26-05 04:06 PM
6314 posts,
#90947, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by tim97rs
yea, with the low comp pistons, those are fine numbers. thats what i am getting on mine...

thanks tim

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

grainJun-26-05 05:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#90950, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 4

total seals blow. just watch. ring that makes it a "total" seal will move aroundand make it a weak conventional ring.

DJ420aJun-26-05 05:41 PM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
#90951, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by grain
total seals blow. just watch. ring that makes it a "total" seal will move aroundand make it a weak conventional ring.

Agreed 110%.....been there, done that and I dont wanna here the breakin them in crap. I did everything to a "T" and still ended up puting coventionals in.

RxR_EclipseJun-26-05 06:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#90953, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 6

I got 150 on all @ like 1000 miles. Im up to like 1400 and I just got done with a 2 day road course school. I started to get some blowby on the second day. I think it is due to a shitty pcv valve. I remved that today.

on a side now I killed the follwing thing over 2 days. The road course is hell on your car. Only go if your pocket is deep.

1 turbo manifold cracked. *fixed*
2 threw the power steering belt
3 blew out a axel (driver side)
4 1 set of hawk brake pads

Kevin
The old:

The new:

freddy_00_69Jun-27-05 12:15 PM
Member since Aug 01st 2002
1119 posts,
#90987, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 7

I get 210 across the board and i am at 1300 miles on my motor. My bottom end block was bought from Howell Automotive and they did everything. But 180 is fine, dont worry about 180 across the board.

99 RS-T
"New bottom end(8.6:1 w/long rods)"
Turbonetics 60-1/Portfueler/etc!!!!!

thedawgJun-30-05 05:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#91032, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 8

150psi is perfect for a ~8.8:1 engine, regardless of rings.

Test em in about 2 months if they're totalseals

And... if you're getting 210psi across the board, you have closer to a ~9.6:1 block from Howell, no matter what they claim it actually is. Probably using their crustom domed turbo pistons.

freddy_00_69Jun-30-05 03:59 PM
1119 posts,
#91048, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 9

It is 8.6:1, i bought the 8.6:1 pistons along time ago with just the rebuild kit and had it installed and had 200 across the board. Maybe its just my imagination but i am getting 200-210 across the board and it is 8.6:1 pistons. Believe me, it is not 9.6:1 compression pistons.

99 RS-T

Kaoz78Jul-04-05 03:04 AM
Member since Dec 20th 2003
407 posts,
#91124, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 10

Freddy post some pics of your car or just maybe the larger version of your avatar.

Originally posted by silverarrow
I never said I was going to run 13s with my car with nothing but a sack of rice.

freddy_00_69Jul-04-05 04:19 AM
1119 posts,
#91125, "RE: Yet Another Total Seal post"
In response to Reply # 11

I have some pics up in the interior/exterior section. Check them out, they are bigger and you can see them better.

99 RS-T

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #90935 Previous topic | Next topic