Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #89046
View in linear mode

Subject: "wrong gaskets??" Previous topic | Next topic
BlackMagicMay-07-05 05:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89046, "wrong gaskets??"

alright i just got my gasket set from howell, tell me some of these are wrong?

the exhaust gasket is terribly wrong, but is that piece where my hand is on the intake manifold gasket supposed to be there, because it doesn't like up with anything on the motor

and what's this one for?

while we're at it, lets just look at all of these and see if they're right

are these for a neon or something? please let me know

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: wrong gaskets??, totaleklipse97, May-07-05 05:36 AM, #1
RE: wrong gaskets??, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, May-07-05 05:37 AM, #2
RE: wrong gaskets??, BlackMagic, May-07-05 05:51 AM, #3
      RE: wrong gaskets??, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, May-07-05 08:08 AM, #4
           RE: wrong gaskets??, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-07-05 10:34 AM, #5
                RE: wrong gaskets??, HadesOmega, May-07-05 02:14 PM, #6
                     RE: wrong gaskets??, SILVERNT, May-08-05 07:23 PM, #7
                          RE: wrong gaskets??, BlackMagic, May-09-05 08:32 AM, #8

totaleklipse97May-07-05 05:36 AM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89047, "RE: wrong gaskets??"
In response to Reply # 0

First picture looks wrong as shit.. call howell but mmm goodluck.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BOOSTED ECLIPSEMay-07-05 05:37 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
#89048, "RE: wrong gaskets??"
In response to Reply # 0
May-07-05 05:39 AM by BOOSTED ECLIPSE

The top gaskets are for the intake. The top gasket it that picture is the gasket that goes between the intake and the head. You will have to cut off the part where it is perforated and the other one goes in between the top and bottom parts of the intake.

The gasket in the second pic is not used.

The third pic most are used. Starting from the left top going right.
EGR valve gasket, thermostat gasket, not used, EGR pipe gaskets, thermostat housing gasket, cam seals, the seals for the spark plug holes in the valve cover, valve stem seals, injector o-rings, I think the last three are not used.

The last picture is the oil pan gasket, rear main seal, and I think some of the o-rings are for the oil pump, oil pickup tube. You will just have to match them up with the old seals and gaskets and where they came from.

Yes, some of the gaskets are for the Neon.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

BlackMagicMay-07-05 05:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#89049, "RE: wrong gaskets??"
In response to Reply # 2

so they didn't send me an exhaust manifold gasket?

*form follows function*

BOOSTED ECLIPSEMay-07-05 08:08 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
#89051, "RE: wrong gaskets??"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by BlackMagic
so they didn't send me an exhaust manifold gasket?

No, it doesn't look like it. You will need to go to satan and get a factory MLS gasket. Don't use fel-pro or any of the other ones because they will leak, trust me I tried it and they don't work.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-07-05 10:34 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#89052, "RE: wrong gaskets??"
In response to Reply # 4

Search...this has been covered, many aftermarket kits combine the neon and 2gnt gaskets together to save on producted/part numbers. Also keep a side note....do not use that RTV on the bedplate (not sure if you were planning on that). Must use anerobic sealant!

Terry

HadesOmegaMay-07-05 02:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#89055, "RE: wrong gaskets??"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah what is that second picture. I bought a ROL gasket kit and it came with that gasket. I was like what the hell is this haha. Those for the most part are the right gaskets and there is no exhuast manifold gasket in the picture. I have a fiber composite ROL one I have left over because I have the superry duppery TTI copper gasket that I just reuse and reuse hehe. email me if your interested. if anything just go to kragen or autozone and get one. I would get the MLS one though that's the revised 420A gasket. I blew a composite one b4.

merlin.valencia@us.army.mil

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

SILVERNTMay-08-05 07:23 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#89102, "RE: wrong gaskets??"
In response to Reply # 6

top gasket on 1st pic is a neon im/head gasket. The added section os for the thermostat housing.

On the 2nd picture that is the gasket that seals the upper and lower sections of a neon intake manifold.

BlackMagicMay-09-05 08:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#89141, "RE: wrong gaskets??"
In response to Reply # 7

well good thanks for clearing that all up for me guys

*form follows function*

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #89046 Previous topic | Next topic