Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #85662
View in linear mode

Subject: "Belt slipping" Previous topic | Next topic
oMInOUs97RSFeb-07-05 12:57 AM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85662, "Belt slipping"

Did anyone ever figure out how to stop the belt from slipping off the pulleys and getting shredded? I did the washer mod, and that worked with some Gator belts for a little over a year, but the same thing just happened again. I have an occasional annoying squeal that sounds like it is coming from the tensioner pulley, so I'm thinking the pulley may be vibrating or something causing the noise and the belt to eventually slip off. Any ideas?

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ForceFed420aFeb-07-05 05:13 AM
Member since Oct 18th 2004
620 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85666, "RE: Belt slipping"
In response to Reply # 0

Did you replace the bearing? The stock one is cheap, and if it moves around, it'll mess the alignment of the belt up. here's a post of where to get it and I think how to put it in. Try that and see if it fixes it. Good luck!

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=24990&mode=full

Brian

Red 97 Eclipse GS (420a) MTX
Custom Garrett T3 Turbo system
Megasquirt w/52 lb/hr injectors & a Walbro 255
Kicker/Alpine Audio (3 amps, 2 subs)
90 Cav 2.2 TBI auto (winter) <- yeah, it's fast

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

oMInOUs97RSFeb-07-05 10:36 AM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
#85683, "RE: Belt slipping"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks man, especially for not being an ass!

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

ajcfalconFeb-07-05 10:45 AM
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
1104 posts,
#85684, "RE: Belt slipping"
In response to Reply # 2

When that happened to me it was because the tightening bolt was bent so the actual tensioner pulley was slanted a little bit causing the belt so slowly slide off over time, and the dealership didnt sell just the bolt they only sold the whole fucking assembly and charged me like $100 for the damn thing.

Im assuming your talking about the tensioner underneath the power stearing pulley.... If your not then im a fucking moron and you can just ignore me..

ForceFed420aFeb-08-05 03:29 AM
Member since Oct 18th 2004
620 posts,
#85712, "RE: Belt slipping"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by oMInOUs97RS
Thanks man, especially for not being an ass!

Glad I could help

Brian

Red 97 Eclipse GS (420a) MTX
Custom Garrett T3 Turbo system
Megasquirt w/52 lb/hr injectors & a Walbro 255
Kicker/Alpine Audio (3 amps, 2 subs)
90 Cav 2.2 TBI auto (winter) <- yeah, it's fast

csmakioFeb-08-05 04:59 AM
Member since Jun 18th 2003
412 posts,
#85716, "RE: Belt slipping"
In response to Reply # 4

I used to have the same problem but I replaced my whole tensioner and it doesnt happen anymore at all.

HAHN Stage 1 \ Greddy Power Extreme 2.5'' Catback

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #85662 Previous topic | Next topic