Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #80402
View in linear mode

Subject: "A/C bypass" Previous topic | Next topic
ZASKARSep-10-04 06:21 AM
Member since Dec 16th 2003
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80402, "A/C bypass"

Can anyone tell me what size belt to use when trying to bypass the A/C. I want to go straight from P/S to Crank.
Shouldn't be a problem right?

THE SLEEPER HAS AWOKEN!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: A/C bypass, Super20G, Sep-10-04 07:04 AM, #1
RE: A/C bypass, RickyMeeses, Sep-10-04 10:53 AM, #2
      RE: A/C bypass, Ducking_Fumbass, Sep-10-04 11:43 AM, #3
           RE: A/C bypass, ZASKAR, Sep-10-04 12:09 PM, #4
                RE: A/C bypass, Ducking_Fumbass, Sep-10-04 03:18 PM, #5
                     RE: A/C bypass, 95_ESi_Person, Sep-10-04 09:03 PM, #6

Super20GSep-10-04 07:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80404, "RE: A/C bypass"
In response to Reply # 0

measure it with a piece of rope dude... ig i was home i would tell you... but that is all i did...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

OldGuySep-10-04 10:53 AM
Member since May 04th 2003
1077 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80409, "RE: A/C bypass"
In response to Reply # 1

Or use a tailors tape measure. That would be a whole lot more accurate. BUT remember when you are measuring, you have to allow for the adjustment that is already there. The best thing you could do would be to measure it with the P/S at about 1/2 to 3/4 in. That way you have room to adjust as the belt wears.

So now at 44 what the hell do I do?

Ducking_FumbassSep-10-04 11:43 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#80410, "RE: A/C bypass"
In response to Reply # 2

Wow... who would ahve expected a search to bring up any answers whatsoever!

Here are a few that I found in about a minute.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=64283&mesg_id=64283&listing_type=search

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=37915&mesg_id=37915&listing_type=search

SEARCH AND READ UNTIL YOU ARE SHITTING MOTOR OIL FROM YOUR EYES BEFORE YOU POST A QUESTION THAT HAS PROBABLY BEEN ASKED ELEVENTY TWELVETEEN THOUAND TIMES BEFORE!

Kinda scary, I'm being nice. I must be in a good mood.

ZASKARSep-10-04 12:09 PM
Member since Dec 16th 2003
13 posts,
#80412, "RE: A/C bypass"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey guy. I looked for a couple of minutes and seen tons of slipping belt questions but nothing about the length. Most of the threads i've read on here are pretty friendly, but I guess there's an Arse Hole like you in every group. I didn't mean to cluter the data base, I just got tired of looking. Looks like I've got a lot to learn about your site here. I'll try to learn quick so you don't have a coronary.
Thanks for the links.

THE SLEEPER HAS AWOKEN!!!

Ducking_FumbassSep-10-04 03:18 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#80415, "RE: A/C bypass"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm an equal opportunity asshole. On the plus side, at least you poked around a bit before asking. That, and your English is, at least, tolerable. Enjoy your stay here.

95_ESi_PersonSep-10-04 09:03 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#80431, "RE: A/C bypass"
In response to Reply # 5

assuming that you are using the stock crank pulley, 40 inches.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #80402 Previous topic | Next topic