Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #77406
View in linear mode

Subject: "Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?" Previous topic | Next topic
Jay FJul-10-04 11:56 AM
Member since May 18th 2004
23 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77406, "Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?"

Im new here, just wanted to say sup to everyone, im sorry if this is in the wrong sectin im a noob here, figured its kinda performance so I went ahead and posted it here. Anywhoo I decided to show these, im done with my POS car, cant afford to upgrade it anymore :/, top of that its my only car, gotta get to school. Had no electricity for 5 days(all food gone, :/ ), tired of not havin any money for bills, racing every 2 days a week and using up gas(they moved my new school about 45 min away from me, 1.5 hours both ways, SHIT!) took a toll on my wallet, cant afford that kind of fun anymore... sigh... .I didnt want to show until I hit 14 sec on 1/4 mile, screw it, 15.2s is good enough for me. Alright Brian, take 14s, its all yours buddy! ...im finished.

Max Tq : 138.52
Max HP : 130.6

Had a Restricter Plate(the hell was I thinkin) instead of a thermostat, screwed my A/F ratios(see graph), thats why HP doesnt seem right matching with Tq. Oh well, screwed those dyno runs, at least I know what my 4th gear pulls tho =D.

I've read some of the older posts on 2gnt and no im not one of the fastest, there a couple of 420s in AZ that hit 14's but most went tubo tho and yes they're out there they just dont know about 2gnt.com or anything like that yadda yadda yadda (heck I just found out about this site just 2 months ago).

Mods: DC Sports Tri Y Header(4-1), 40$ intake and filter(nameless), R1 Racing free flowing muffler, 400$ massaged head with .010 milled, home made ground straps, Wiseco 10.5:1 ... thats it.

okie Fellaz !!! watcha think?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?, import1996rs, Jul-10-04 12:03 PM, #1
RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?, 808dsmtuner, Jul-10-04 12:19 PM, #2
      RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?, Jay F, Jul-10-04 01:43 PM, #3
           RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?, SPL_Eclipse, Jul-10-04 03:26 PM, #4
                RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?, Jay F, Jul-11-04 10:12 AM, #5
                     RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?, SPL_Eclipse, Jul-11-04 11:03 AM, #6
                          RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?, EclipsedChef, Jul-11-04 11:35 AM, #7
                               here ya go.., Jay F, Jul-11-04 12:02 PM, #8
                                    RE: here ya go.., TeamDR1665, Jul-11-04 12:55 PM, #9
                                         RE: here ya go.., Jay F, Jul-11-04 01:10 PM, #10
                                              RE: here ya go.., 420AYE, Jul-12-04 05:15 AM, #11

import1996rsJul-10-04 12:03 PM
Member since Jun 06th 2004
277 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77407, "RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?"
In response to Reply # 0

all i can see are red x's

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

808dsmtunerJul-10-04 12:19 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2002
665 posts,
#77408, "RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?"
In response to Reply # 1

timeslips imo

hawaii boy

Jay FJul-10-04 01:43 PM
23 posts,
#77409, "RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?"
In response to Reply # 2

Sure I'll get slips, gunna scan em, its going to cost me some $$$ at kinkos, I dont have scanner or comp, using apartment office right now. One of em will be from Firebird Raceway with me at a 15.30 e.t.(fastest there so far) and the others will be from speed world with 15.29s, so people wont say its cause of the track, weather, conditions blah blah blah. Sorry if dynos not showing, I dont want to lie, I'll send via email if you really want to see em, can email me at jayfueconcillo@yahoo.com if anyone want em, I got em on attachment on email from Tim at Xact Dyno, till then I'll see if I can get em up on boards.

SPL_EclipseJul-10-04 03:26 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#77417, "RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-10-04 03:29 PM by SPL_Eclipse

ill help you out because you are a cool n00b, lol

pic 1

pic2

couldnt get the third one, i was FORBIDDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!! those pictures are hosted via www.kaptainmyke.com there is a thread in the car photo gallery (should be in the top few) there for you. if you need to post the third one, just sign up over there and upload it.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Jay FJul-11-04 10:12 AM
23 posts,
#77440, "RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?"
In response to Reply # 4

Awesome! thanks alot buddy!, I got my time slips scanned, and when I finally get this posting pics right, I'll just post one up here just for the nonbelievers who read this post. Im going to post all four of my slips at Racing section.. till then im going to "testing" and practice posting.

SPL_EclipseJul-11-04 11:03 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#77441, "RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?"
In response to Reply # 5

no prob! feel free to post the timeslips at kaptainmykes place, just make a new thread entitled "timeslips" or something obvious like that (lol) and upload them all in the car photo gallery. we like to keep things orginized by topic over there, so if you stray i might move something, so PM me either here or there or email me if you have questions.

BTW, those are some FUNKY numbers, lol. im not even going to touch that though.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

EclipsedChefJul-11-04 11:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
987 posts,
#77443, "RE: Done with POS car.. so what do you guys think?"
In response to Reply # 6

jeebus, if thats all he has done then i should be in the 14's fo sho. jeez...

Aem Cold Air AFX 55mm TB
Fidanza Cam Gears NGK Wires
AFX UDP Greddy Header
Gutted Cat Greddy Evo Catback
Energy Suspension MMI Eibach Sportlines
Tokico Blues...always more to come

Jay FJul-11-04 12:02 PM
23 posts,
#77446, "here ya go.."
In response to Reply # 7

well... you cant compare this dyno numbers with anyone elses unless they dynoed in "4rd" gear, I did mine in 4th, you can however compare the curves. Everyone on roller dynos usually dynoes off of 3rd, nothing wrong with 3rd, all my dyno means is that in 4th gear thats what I have , HP and Tq, if I did do 3rd id see the peak numbers higher, which would be about 7-10, lets just add 7 for fun, it would be 145 ft/tq and 137 hp, sounds about right for 15.2. The dyno that I went to ran straight off the wheel hub, so its accurate, no wheel size problem. Tim who owns Xact Dyno in Tempe, AZ told me.. get this.. 4th is close to 1:1 gear ratio, that shocked me, cause I always that 3rd was direct drive, he said 4th would be more accurate ..hmm.., then again I sucked ass on manual transmission and I had to retake that class lol, failed the hands on test.. whatever... anywhoo...

...thanks to Kaptainmyke site I'll post up that slip.

*crosses fingers hoping this would work*

TeamDR1665Jul-11-04 12:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#77447, "RE: here ya go.."
In response to Reply # 8

This guy has a wad of low 15 second slips. I've seen them. He pulls them out of his pocket like a big baller does 50s.

When you say you're "done," what exactly do you mean Jay? Never give up. NEVAR! Maybe cut back on track time to once a month or so and you should save some major gas. Have you met Joe (Kucki) yet? He goes to UTI too and lives at the 101 and Camelback. He might know some other guys looking for a roomie. It would save you some change too I bet.

Just don't sell the car bro. We need more crazy all motor guys in this community!

Jay FJul-11-04 01:10 PM
23 posts,
#77448, "RE: here ya go.."
In response to Reply # 9

Hehe, nah im not giving up! Just getting my assed kicked with financial probs. Im good tho, going to lay off racin, just get to point A to point B!. Thats cool kucki went to UTI, I'll be lookin for the next meet (btw when is it?). Yah I'll be racing on the track still, just no time soon, thats what I meant. Plus my car is being a PITA, nothin I cant handle tho.

420AYEJul-12-04 05:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#77476, "RE: here ya go.."
In response to Reply # 10

FUGGIN N()()B!

j/k

Anyways, good times.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #77406 Previous topic | Next topic