Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #690
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL)" Previous topic | Next topic
Nitrous_RS1997Apr-16-01 03:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#690, "Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL)"

Ive saw in other posts where some of you guys have said you did the "clutch" mod and u had much better shifting. r u talking about getting a better clutch or is there something we can do to improve our shifting a lot? honestly this is probably the worst shifting car ive ever drove. i saw on the main site, under the mods section, there was a clutch restrictor removal link, but it says the site doesnt exist. is this what you guys did? could you sorda explain it to me? thanks a lot guys!

NitrousEclipse97@aol.com
1997 Eclipse RS
75-shot Nitrous Express(wet)
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
NGK Plugs&Wires(one range colder)
Front/Rear Upper Strut bars
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's
http://www.TeamKLR.com

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL), Thunderous_Talon, Apr-16-01 03:38 AM, #1
RE: Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL), cyan, Apr-16-01 03:54 AM, #2
      RE: Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL), Thunderous_Talon, Apr-16-01 04:30 AM, #3
RE: Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL), TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-16-01 04:45 AM, #4
RE: Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL), DAVE_FL (Guest), Apr-16-01 06:30 AM, #5
      So you guy's got it done!, MWC, Apr-16-01 08:30 AM, #6
           RE: So you guy's got it done!, DAVE_FL (Guest), Apr-16-01 12:57 PM, #7
           You have an auto right?, Skrilla, Apr-16-01 12:58 PM, #8
                RE: You have an auto right?, klipzracer, Apr-17-01 01:37 AM, #9

Thunderous_TalonApr-16-01 03:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#691, "RE: Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL)"
In response to Reply # 0

Actually Dave and I did the clutch restrictor mod, i am in the process of doing a write up on it with pics. What this does is allow much quicker engaugement of the clutch, Dave notices torque steer he didnt before in 3rd gear, i've heard people actually claiming to also have been able to chirp it into 3rd gear with this mod, as soon as i am done which should be by the end of the day i'll send everything to Juan. and hopefully he'll post it up
97' Talon ESi
Custom CIA
AF/X UDP
AF/X Solid front motor mount
Apex-i Exhaust
Accel Wires
Royal Purple 5w-30 Oil

"Our time is here, Our time is now, Team 2gnt."

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cyanApr-16-01 03:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#692, "RE: Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL)"
In response to Reply # 1

was the mod hard? how long did it take you? and are there any downsides to removing the restrictor?

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Thunderous_TalonApr-16-01 04:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
#693, "RE: Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL)"
In response to Reply # 2

First time was a bit tricky cause we werent totally sure of what we were doing, but the second time we finished it with in 30min if that. I've never heard of any downsides what so ever.
97' Talon ESi
Custom CIA
AF/X UDP
AF/X Solid front motor mount
Apex-i Exhaust
Accel Wires
Royal Purple 5w-30 Oil

"Our time is here, Our time is now, Team 2gnt."

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

TeamMichael_97RSApr-16-01 04:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#694, "RE: Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL)"
In response to Reply # 0

What it does is allow the full pressur eof the clutch master cylander to press the clutch plaet to the flywheel. So if you dump the clutch it engages faster and also will make sur ethe clutch engages fully. Make sure you bleed the system once you remove the resticter.

This is on my list to do when I fill my tranny with BG Syncroshift.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-16-01 06:30 AM

#695, "RE: Clutch mod??(Skrilla, Dave_FL)"
In response to Reply # 4

Its not too difficult. With the write up and pictures should be a breeze!

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
Eibach Pro Kit
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

MWCApr-16-01 08:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#696, "So you guy's got it done!"
In response to Reply # 5

Its good to see all went well with it, I on the other hand am not haveing the best of luck with my tranny.
Bill says it might be a matter of me having to unplug the battery and reset the ECM, but if not I think she is on the way out. If so levelten is about to have another customer and part owner.
SEE YA!!!!!!!!MWC
http://smkn95eclipsemwc.homestead.com/mainpage.html

DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-16-01 12:57 PM

#697, "RE: So you guy's got it done!"
In response to Reply # 6

Update on the clutch. Yesterday when I frist drove it I thought the clutch felt a bit soft. I guess after driving it a while the clutch feels like it always did but better. So when you do this mod dont worry if at first the clutch feels a little mushy because it tightens up.

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
Eibach Pro Kit
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

SkrillaApr-16-01 12:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#698, "You have an auto right?"
In response to Reply # 6

It might be your TCM(transmission control unit) the PCM(AKA ECU) doesn't control the tranny in our cars.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

klipzracerApr-17-01 01:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#699, "RE: You have an auto right?"
In response to Reply # 8

yup, i did the mod and i noticed a difference in shifting. i can occasionally chirp in third if i shift it right and do nothing but pull wheels in second!

Chris
Project RS
Uncle Ben's Motorsports
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #690 Previous topic | Next topic