Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #55039
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wow. . . engine shot" Previous topic | Next topic
The Liquid DropJul-11-03 12:40 PM
Member since May 22nd 2003
111 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55039, "Wow. . . engine shot"

Just took off the head of the spare block and lookie. . .
Any suggestions about what this could be? I am rebuilding it forged internals so I don't need these parts. Check it out.

Trevis

Mods click www21.brinkster.com/TheLiquidDrop/cr_mods.htm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wow. . . engine shot, J, Jul-11-03 02:08 PM, #1
RE: Wow. . . engine shot, The Liquid Drop, Jul-11-03 03:37 PM, #2
      RE: Wow. . . engine shot, J, Jul-11-03 04:14 PM, #4
RE: Wow. . . engine shot, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-11-03 03:57 PM, #3
RE: Wow. . . engine shot, SpreadEagle, Jul-11-03 06:31 PM, #5
RE: Wow. . . engine shot, The Liquid Drop, Jul-11-03 09:14 PM, #6

JJul-11-03 02:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55042, "RE: Wow. . . engine shot"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow, that's alot of carbon deposits 4 a 97!

- J

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

The Liquid DropJul-11-03 03:37 PM
111 posts,
#55046, "RE: Wow. . . engine shot"
In response to Reply # 1

I don't really think this is a 97. I got this from the Mitsu lot. They were about to throw it away and I thought it would make a good engine to take apart. And, if I am lucky, be in good enough shape to rebuild with MotoFool's kit. Thus far (with the exception of the deposits) nothing else looks abnormal. Turned it over on the stand and seemed to be in alright condition as well. We will see whenever I get it completely apart.

Trevis

JJul-11-03 04:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#55049, "RE: Wow. . . engine shot"
In response to Reply # 2

Whoops, my bad... saw your sig & didn't read the 1st part Yeah, more pics!

- J

- J

TeamXtremeRSJul-11-03 03:57 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#55047, "RE: Wow. . . engine shot"
In response to Reply # 0

If you can, get a few more closer up pics of the block and the head..just curious

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

SpreadEagleJul-11-03 06:31 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
459 posts,
#55056, "RE: Wow. . . engine shot"
In response to Reply # 3

Those look exactly like the top of the piston in my (going back a few years here) MOPED did after some asshat poured sugar in my tank. Still bitter about that.

95ESI-intake,borla,sportlines,kyb,tsw
more on the way

The Liquid DropJul-11-03 09:14 PM
111 posts,
#55068, "RE: Wow. . . engine shot"
In response to Reply # 3

>If you can, get a few more closer up pics of the block and
>the head..just curious
Well, I vaccumed all the carbon deposits out today before I checked back on the post. However, tomorrow I will take a few more. I cleaned the head today at the car wash with some degreaser. But the block is still in the same condition (minus the carbon deposits). Still if you want any pics just say what you would like. I have everything out except the crank, pistons, and rods. How hard is it to separate the bed plate from the top of the block? TIA

Trevis

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #55039 Previous topic | Next topic