Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #54650
View in linear mode

Subject: "Car overheats, sputter in 3-5 gears, and has no pep...help please" Previous topic | Next topic
REV_GSlowJul-05-03 02:59 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2002
1312 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54650, "Car overheats, sputter in 3-5 gears, and has no pep...help please"

Ok, just as the title says..after driving for 20 minutes or so, the car starts to overheat, sputter in third through fifth gear, and doesnt have a bit of pep in the world. I was thinking it was a fuel problem until the car started to overheat. now ive changed the coolant temp sensor, air intake temp sensor, thermostat, flushed the radiator, changed the head gasket, had head reworked and milled etc. Would running lean cause the car to overheat like this? Im at my wits end and im convinced that i have a lemon. I dont have coolant in my oil, and i dont think im leaking oil from anywhere. It seems like a head gasket problem, but im conviced that its fuel related. Now, when i changed my fuel pump i didnt change out the filter on the pump itself. could this be clogged and cause the car to run like hell? If so would it cause the car to overheat? Ive talked to quite a few people and no one can help me out a bit. One other thing thats crossed my mind is the egr blockoff. Ive done this and was wondering if theres any way that this could cause whats going on. Someone please help me, or jump on aol and look me up to try and talk me through this. Ive replaced MOST of the engine components now and dont know where to turn. X Hyper TSi X is my screen name. Please help me guys

EclipsedChef was my first name..Member #460!

::::..Under Construction..::::

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

REV_GSlowJul-05-03 09:44 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2002
1312 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54667, "RE: Car overheats, sputter in 3-5 gears, and has no pep...help please"
In response to Reply # 0

no one?

EclipsedChef was my first name..Member #460!

::::..Under Construction..::::

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #54650 Previous topic | Next topic