Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #484
View in linear mode

Subject: "port/polish etc intake manifold more.. 99gs" Previous topic | Next topic
pn0ymahalApr-11-01 10:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#484, "port/polish etc intake manifold more.. 99gs"

Hello, i will let rre port/polish my intake manifold... should i let them match it to my howell 55 tb?... also how much porting should i let them do to it ? just a little?... also which part of the intake manifold do i get ported etc upper only... if i plan on going turbo will this effect anything ? thanks Michael 99gs

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSApr-11-01 12:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#485, "RE: port/polish etc intake manifold more.. 99gs"
In response to Reply # 0

The inlet on the manifold is already 55mm no porting needed. But have the gasket match everything and smooth the hell out of the inside

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SkrillaApr-11-01 01:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#486, "I agree..."
In response to Reply # 1

...and I would have them gut it. NA guys can go real thin without worry of turbo pressure or anything like that destroying it

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

TeamStan2gntApr-11-01 03:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#487, "RE: port/polish etc intake manifold more.. 99gs"
In response to Reply # 1

My manifold needed some matching to match the 55TB but I say port the whole damn thing from top of the runners to the bottom. I matched it to the head as well (I had a head off but you can do it to a gasket as well). I ported until I just got tired of the work but no part of the runners went untouched. The TB and manifold together made for a noticeable gain in the low/midrange. I noticed a difference as soon as I blipped the throttle before even driving. Felt like someone had took 10lbs off the flywheel before even driving. Of course now months later car feels like stock again, hence the need for more mods.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

SkrillaApr-12-01 11:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#488, "RE: port/polish etc intake manifold more.. 99gs"
In response to Reply # 3

"Of course now months later car feels like stock again, hence the need for more mods."

Isn't that the truth!

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #484 Previous topic | Next topic