Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #42344
View in linear mode

Subject: "Temp. gauge up!?" Previous topic | Next topic
TKIJan-21-03 02:51 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42344, "Temp. gauge up!?"

I let my car run for about 10 min. or so today, and when I went out to my car, the temp. gauge was about 3/4 of the way up, and then I touched the gas pedal, then a second later it fell down to below normal, and started acting fine.

Anyone else have this problem??

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ClipseRSTJan-21-03 03:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
325 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42347, "RE: Temp. gauge up!?"
In response to Reply # 0

This one time I was racing (legally, SCCA). And when I got up to the line my temp gauge was pegged and I shot coolant all over the track cause it was boiling, and was coming out the overflow. We pushed it off and took a look to see if it was a hose but nothing was wrong... Never happened again either. Im pretty sure my thermostat stuck, but Im not sure. I would suggest starting there.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMetalJimJan-21-03 08:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#42388, "RE: Temp. gauge up!?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yep, it sounds like your thermostat just got stuck for a bit. I would just replace it. They're pretty cheap, and they can strand you and/or overheat the engine if they get stuck shut like that for too long.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

SonicYanJan-21-03 08:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#42390, "RE: Temp. gauge up!?"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey, I also have the same problem. Most of the time, just driving, my temp gauge goes to 3/4th up but never overheats tho. It can't really pinpoint when it happens. Sometimes, it goes up when I'm WOT. Sometimes it goes up after I've gone WOT and I'm starting to slow down. It even goes up when I'm idling sometimes. Hopefully this is just the thermostat. How much are these and where are they located? How do u install these?

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #42344 Previous topic | Next topic