Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #41184
View in linear mode

Subject: "97 GS Replacement (Atlanta)" Previous topic | Next topic
1997eclipseguyJan-08-03 07:52 AM
Member since Jan 07th 2003
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41184, "97 GS Replacement (Atlanta)"

I live in Atlanta and am in the process of buying a 97 eclipse GS with a blow engine. I would like to replace the engine with a new or low mileage 420A—preferably turbo. I don’t have many contacts for this type of thing. I am trying to figure out if it is worth it, and how much it will cost--so that I can make an offer on the car. Any suggestions how I should go about finding a 420A here in Atlanta and how much one would cost?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

a_miller_76Jan-08-03 08:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41185, "RE: 97 GS Replacement (Atlanta)"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll help ya do it dude, Brunswick GA

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

shuwa29Jan-08-03 11:38 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#41186, "RE: 97 GS Replacement (Atlanta)"
In response to Reply # 1

i'm in powder springs which is near marietta and kennesaw. by the way, there is no turbo 420a. you'll have to buy the kit for that.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

MotoFoolJan-08-03 11:46 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#41187, "RE: 97 GS Replacement (Atlanta)"
In response to Reply # 2

for a custom turbo rebuild and install your looking at 4-5k for a fully built and rocking 350-400hp car, thats if u only have to do the usual rebuild, bore and head rebuild stuff if the block is gone u may need to find another which would jack the price up a bit,

u should get all your gaskets form forum dodge, 5% above wholesale for dealer parts, figure about 500$ in replacing stuff, gaskets, timing belt accesaries,

rods eagle rods 350$ pistons 450$ for je and less for weisco pistons,

figure a good 400$ in machine work to rework the block,

head rebuild about 500$ for upgrades and machine work

figure 2k for a custom turbo setup if u know what your doing otherwise grab a kit form star or hahn for about 2600$

and u should be good to go new clutch for about 260$ if u geta pt cruisar style or whatever u choose clutch masters stage 4 etc. depends on your choice

blow motor 97 gs id give them no more then 3k for the car i paid 3300 for my 95 esi running and in good condition im rebuilding it at the moment though

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #41184 Previous topic | Next topic