Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #32962
View in linear mode

Subject: "wondering about cai's..." Previous topic | Next topic
Casper98Sep-17-02 03:31 AM
Member since Sep 14th 2002
15 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32962, "wondering about cai's..."

i was noticing on ebay that there are a few cheaper cai's than what i find in local speed shops. i really like the chrome one for 69.99. anybody think it'd be a bad purchase?

thanks!
jase

Hondas are cool, unique cars! BWAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BuckNuttySep-17-02 03:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32963, "RE: wondering about cai's..."
In response to Reply # 0

I have one on my car.....you get the same sound, and if you drop a k&n or similar filter it *should* be equivalent in performance as well...

there's a pic of a blue one....You can also buy it at Procarparts.com...easy install and good gains in low end torque....if i remember correctly. Also if you are a sound freak it makes your car sound hella nicer, alot lower.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSSep-17-02 05:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#32964, "RE: wondering about cai's..."
In response to Reply # 1

ive got one too, I dont have any pics of the unit, but it did drop 2/10's off my quarter mile time.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

techboySep-17-02 08:56 AM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#32965, "RE: wondering about cai's..."
In response to Reply # 2

They are all about the same. With the AEM and the Iceman's your just paying for the name half the time. There are guys on here who have accomplished the same thing with PVC pipes from HomeDepot, just doesn't look as nice. The important thing is to make sure you have a decent filter.

AEM CIA|SpiralMax|NGK Plugs|Magnecor Wires|GST Exhaust|Mirror Tint|Grillcraft grill|EBC brakes|Brembo Crossdrill/slotted rotors|Front/Rear strut bars|Konig VeloCT 17x7|Niitto 450's|
Oct:55/57mmTB??

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

BeefGGSep-17-02 11:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
#32966, "RE: wondering about cai's..."
In response to Reply # 3

I got a CAI off ebay for $65 and it works great. No name brand and the filter is cheap but you can replace the filter and it will still be cheaper then and AEM or Iceman.

Casper98Sep-17-02 03:12 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2002
15 posts,
#32967, "RE: wondering about cai's..."
In response to Reply # 4

thanks guys! just wanted to make sure!

jase

Hondas are cool, unique cars! BWAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #32962 Previous topic | Next topic